4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i cant get the screw off my mam

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:08 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default i cant get the screw off my mam

lol supposed to take 20mins to install. i cant get one of the screws off that hold the computer thing in the mam. one of them came out and the other one keeps turning turning and it wont thread out. what do u think i should do. i dont wanna break the stock stuff just incase. help me out quick im workin on it now
Old 05-26-2004, 06:40 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: i cant get the screw off my mam

ohhh come on no one has any ideas man this is pissin me off
Old 05-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Wow...This is an easy one.

Take all the screws out. The last one is stripped so it won't back out correct? Take a small flat head screwdriver and place it between the two pieces that the screw is holding together. Gently apply pressure pulling them apart while turning the screw so it grabs the next "good" thread and backs out.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:41 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

or just get a pair of vice grips and clamp down on the stripped screw and pull up as you turn the grips. Thats how I get them out. I have a Leatherman Crunch thats perfect for stripped screws!
Old 05-26-2004, 08:17 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

i got it. but i tried both of your ideas already and they wouldnt work omg it took 2 hours before i just took a knife to it . ha ha ha. i cut a piece off on the side and it came off ill have to glue some things when i put the stock stuff back on but i got it. lol
Old 05-26-2004, 10:00 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

well the mam is on and everything is runing good and those of u that said i wouldnt get any power off the mod they are wrong. i didnt race the car full throttle but i took it out and had some fun an the puppy is pulling harder. the tac flys alot faster and the engine is louder. the exhaust has more poping to it like there is more pressure build up. but ill take care of that when the x pipe goes on next week. i should get the true flow inlet pipe this week so there will be a few more horseys on the intake. other than that C&L recomends using at least 92 octane i have 93 in her now the idle is fine no bad shaking no hesitation. has alot better throttle response. well anyway just letting u guys know that the mod was succesful. thanks see ya
Old 05-26-2004, 10:20 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

hey I never said that :P
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

there have been a few lol. im not going to point fingers
Old 05-26-2004, 10:33 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Ive got an 85mm mass air meter (ProM), steeda underdrives, and densecharger on the way as well - should be here any day now. I know the restriction a mass air meter makes.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:49 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

hey do u think the 90 degree curve the cai intakes have mess with the mam. C&L says that at speeds of over 70 the air gets pushed to much to the side of the wall of the mam and tube and can throw off the mam. i was thinking about that to wondering if putting another bend in the tube effects it but i dont know all speculation i guess. congrats on the new mods. and i just put the steeda underives on and everything seems ok. its gonna give ya soem pull. lol. hey what do u have on your car that u pulled a 13.5

Quick Reply: i cant get the screw off my mam