4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

looked at a 00 mustang today....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:02 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default looked at a 00 mustang today....

well.. my girl friend is looking into mustangs. so we see this one that catches her eye... we go and take a look at it... i saw all the mods...

03 cobra wheels (the ones with 2 spokes a piece)
chin spoiler
mach 1 grill delete
sport line springs
flowmaster weld in mufflers
chrome tips with no name
catted x pipe (looks like bbk)
diablo sport chip (sticker under hood for it)
dragon upper plenum
unknown CAI
and piggy back under drive pulleys. lots of chrome crap inside of it too...

it has 38k miles and its auto.... they dealership wants 16k for it.... they took us for a ride and the guy said that the thing was one of the fastest cars out there and he floored it and said that its got alot of hp. like close to 300. i told him i couldnt tell he was flooring it. he was just a total *** hole about the whole deal. im glad i went there with my girlfriend. she would have got ripped off... he wanted to straight up trade the car with a 06 scion tC that she has. it just pisses me off how salesmen treat girls and try to trick them.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:07 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: looked at a 00 mustang today....

Get your gal a nice V6 convt. Dime a dozen here in CA. No mods, no bling bling, no zoom zoom, but the Gals look good in 'em.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:12 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

Get your gal a nice V6 convt. Dime a donzen here in CA. No mods, no bling bling, no zoom zoom, but the Gals look good in 'em.
+1
Old 08-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Forget about that Gt....sounds like a bad deal. The modifications to it do not add value to the car. Just because its faster than stock doesnt mean its worth more. Sounds like some crappy mods done to it. The suspension has been played with and no CC plates. Junk CAI prolly from ebay, and crappy piggyback BBK pullies......doesnt seem like it would really be much faster than stock.....I would try to haggle down alot on a car like that.

you can almost snag a used 03 cobra for less then 20K right now. The cobra is worth the bigger car payment if you can afford the gas. I wouldnt pay more than 14,000 for a used 02 GT. The dealers pick them up for 10K.....
Old 08-01-2006, 04:47 AM
punched
1st Gear Member

lol when ig ot my first car, well was looking to et my first ride i looked at a camero Iroc series... The guy was like dude this engine is in mercedes its one of a kind.. I was like that sthe stock engine with new headers , He was like no its not this thing emits 500 Hp easy... The car idled over 1500, and when the air was on 2000, it was pathetic, he tried to sell me an idiot, i offered him a grand for it he said he could get 6 i said goodluck... He junked the car a month later lol
Old 08-01-2006, 05:28 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Sorry, when you go for a mustang make sure that puppy is bone stock. Mods do not warrant an overprice, hell... it is depreciation if anything.

You have no way of telling if the mods have been installed right. And you can bet your behind a modded GT has been beat upon badly more than once. When it’s stock you at least have a chance it has been treated just right.

I’ll mod my own car thanks… I know we go ga-ga over horsepower. But it’s better to make your own horses than buy another’s horses.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

ur crazy..u wouldnt let ur gf trade in her pos tC for a nice mustang?? actually nm its not GT I just read it..well if it was a GT then ur crazy.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:30 AM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

even then the tC is slow. and the mustang looks better and is faster
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM
myk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97GT19

even then the tC is slow. and the mustang looks better and is faster
That has to be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

Do you really think that all there is to buying a used car is whether it's fast or not? The last thing you want to do is go out and buy a used car that's been hammered to death by some F&F wanna-be. Just how do you think a car with all of those mods has been driven? Just once a week to Sunday Church with Grandma Huggins riding shotgun? Yeah right.
Given the choice, I'd stay with the Scion rather than buy a Mustang that probably hasn't been treated properly and is probably on the verge of breaking something.

Use your head, dude...
Old 08-02-2006, 08:19 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

well if the gt was in good condition...i would still rather overpay a little for a good condition 02 gt then a scion tC

Quick Reply: looked at a 00 mustang today....