4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need your Opinion on a New Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
phil_gou

Default RE: Need your Opinion on a New Car

I personally wouldn't recommend a truck/suv they don’t really seem to be good in snow because around where I live they are almost always the ones sliding off the road and getting stuck in the ditch. The 3 series BMW's have great resale value so the 325xi is going out of your price range. The 500 comes in both awd and fwd but you can only get a cvt trans with the awd, they are also severely underpowered and the turning radius is bad since Volvo designed the platform to be able to use their I6, also if you can afford it the Mercury version is nicer.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
DROES99STANG
2nd Gear Member

I don't exactly hate all foreign cars just the affordable ones like toyota and honda and hyundai, subaru, suzuki etc. I like BMW's and some other foreing makes i can't think of, oh and i love Aston Martin's. I like the V12 Vanquish. It's just that all the cars that are foreing that are affordable are very ugly to me, they have ugly body styles imo. I am not one of those racist people or one of those people crying about jobs being sent overseas. Because they don't make sense even American made stuff is made overseas anymore. ok just wanted to clarify that up before I started a childish war, lol, everyone seems pretty cool on here and i respect all opinions
Old 08-03-2006, 10:16 PM
gsxrstang69
3rd Gear Member

bmw's have amazing awd systems. my dads gets around with no problem. last 2 winters he maybe only spun the tires 5 times.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 PM
01BlueCobraVert
2nd Gear Member

Anyone know about the SVT Focus? I do not know how fast they are.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:31 PM
TX02GT
2nd Gear Member

I think a lot of foreign cars are good looking. I just do not like the riced out ones. More foreign cars are made on American soil than you probably think. Glad this is America so we can all have our opinions.
ORIGINAL: DROES99STANG

I don't exactly hate all foreign cars just the affordable ones like toyota and honda and hyundai, subaru, suzuki etc. I like BMW's and some other foreing makes i can't think of, oh and i love Aston Martin's. I like the V12 Vanquish. It's just that all the cars that are foreing that are affordable are very ugly to me, they have ugly body styles imo. I am not one of those racist people or one of those people crying about jobs being sent overseas. Because they don't make sense even American made stuff is made overseas anymore. ok just wanted to clarify that up before I started a childish war, lol, everyone seems pretty cool on here and i respect all opinions
Old 08-04-2006, 12:46 AM
massmustang02
3rd Gear Member

I would recommend an Audi S4. I was originally in the market for one before I got my mustang. Test drove some of them and they were pretty good. They have a twin turbo setup on a v6. Plus they have a two tone leather interior and a Bose stereo system so they are good quality. If my memory serves me correctly don't then Evo and STi both not come with audio systems?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:51 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97mustangt

Anyone know about the SVT Focus? I do not know how fast they are.
theres a good choice. they are very fun cars. handle good too.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:27 AM
JayBanion
3rd Gear Member

Keep the stang, buy a garage...a.k.a....a tarp or one of them little metal tube garages with the tarp thing as a cover, the buy a old CJ-7 jeep for the snow, cant get stuck.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

some audi or my choice would be a powerstroke 250, 15 mpg, and for a grand you can be chasing down LS1s
Old 08-04-2006, 01:43 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i live in CT and i just bought my stang. i plan on getting winter tires/wheels and using alot of heavy stuff in the trunk and washing/cleaning the car every two weeks or so. i dont really have a problem driving her in the winter cuz its a car, its ment to be drivin and its not like this is a ferrari or something. and they made a gazilion mustangs so i could just buy a REALLY clean one later on in life if i have enough money. just like someone else said, if you take care of her she'll take care of you. also my dad drives his 99 m3 in the winter which is rwd and basicaly the same performance as a mustang so ... why shouldnt i.

but i would get a wrx if i were you. my dad used to have an 02 the first year they were out there very fun cars, i learned stick on it.

Quick Reply: Need your Opinion on a New Car