4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

OoHh Kenne!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OoHh Kenne!

you can run 9psi safety on stock internals and stock block....just do not go over 400hp with out a very very good tune and no more than 450hp this is of the website...you might want to read up more before you drop the cash...http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/fo...gtTechTips.pdf
ORIGINAL: gsxrstang69

well i want to run the KB at 9psi. so my crank would be ok as long as i get the pistons and rods? what are the better brands for 4.6's in the piston and rod department? or is there any vehicle in a junkyard that I could get forged stuff out of?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

ORIGINAL: VARifleman

The GTs, none, Manual Mach Is have forged cranks, Cobra's have forged crank rod and pistons.
Only the manual mach 1's have the forged crank 8 bolt. The automatic versons have a cast crank 6 bolt. As do the marauders. Only the 03-04 cobras have froged crank, rods, and pistons. The earlier cobras 96-99, 01 have a forged crank and thats it, the rods and pistons are the same ones we have.
First, I said, the manual mach 1s have forged crank, and second he was asking about 04s...why bother bring in the other years? It isn't pertinant to this discussion.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:10 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Get some spray!!! haha just kidding thats just me. I don't know if I'd be willing to drop around 6 grand to have a high 12 second gt thats just me. If I were to buy a blower, hands down it would be the inter-cooled procharger kit.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:26 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

oooh man i could talk all day about kenne bell. im savin up for one as it is now, and i cant wait to get mine. my original plan was to build my motor first then to blow it. but i thought about it some and decided to blow it first, keep the boost down, then ima forge everything. my goal is 5+. but right now im lookin forward to 400. i ****in cant wait.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

well i want to run the KB at 9psi. so my crank would be ok as long as i get the pistons and rods? what are the better brands for 4.6's in the piston and rod department? or is there any vehicle in a junkyard that I could get forged stuff out of?

You're thinking cheap, you cant do that with a kb. If you're actually gonna redo the pistons and rods, get a 2.2 kit and do it right.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

You're thinking cheap, you cant do that with a kb. If you're actually gonna redo the pistons and rods, get a 2.2 kit and do it right.
+1. When it comes to FI and building your motor for your car. Do it right.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Butters

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

+1. When it comes to FI and building your motor for your car. Do it right.
There's not a 2.2 anymore.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

I know. 2.1, 2.6, and 2.8...I think those are the new sizes. I dont really know.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 PM
mp23

I just installed one on my 01 vert last week. I did quite a bit of research and went with the 9psi intercooled. Here is the deal as far as I know it. With 9psi you can run your stock internals. Your stock pistons rods and cranks are good to about 400-420 rwhp. Yes If you abuse them they can break but so can forged componets. Sure you can upgrade it you want but if you are going to buy new stuff you might as well wait until something breaks IMO. Barring throwing a rod through the block you spend the same money.

First the price. If you go with the 75 mm throttle body 90mm MAF and Big tube air kit you are looking at $5900. Not cheap but the componets are top quality and they even include some tools in the kit. The directions are pretty good and if you are somewhat mechanically inclined you can do it your self. You will need a buddy to help with parts but it is really pretty easy.

Second, you do not need to have it tuned, in fact you should not let anybody toutch it. It comes with a new chip and it runs great. In fact you cant even tell it's on ther untill you mash the throttle so LEAVE IT ALONE.

Third, my kit arrived in about 7 business days, no long delays. The kits are now 2.1 litres so there is plenty of diaplacement there if you want to go radical.

Fourth, as I said the install is pretty easy, I did find some things wrong but nothing major. The kit is really turn key. Once it is on you are done. My only real complaint is that their phone lines are always busy and it is very hard to reach technical support.

Fifth and finally, this car is way way faster than stock. You will love it and have a hard time keeping the pedal off the floor. Hope this helps, enjoy

Old 08-23-2006, 06:11 AM
blacllkllsi
3rd Gear Member

I can't resist this [sm=ttiwwp.gif] any 1/4 mile times?? Dyno's??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OoHh Kenne!