4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Traction control light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
stangnoob
1st Gear Member

Default Traction control light?

Quick question. I have a 2002 mustang gt 5 speed, stock atm.

But anywho.. Somtimes when i hit the acceleration, say when going from 1'st to second and im gunning it in second. This little green light lights up on the dash(With a wheel) I'm thinking it's traction control but not sure exactly. Anyways i dont know if its a coincidence when i do this but it seems like i lose acceleration power when this comes on? <= maybe i'm crazy?

Anyways, i'm sure you other stang owners know what this is

Thanks ahead of time
Old 06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Traction control light?

its the traction controll . when u hit the gas and the wheels start to spin the car recodnizes that and cuts down fuel so yes u will loose acceleration. my car dosent have traction controll i didnt want it and i dont need it. just turn it off when u are racing.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

actually the ****ty ford traction control applies the brakes to the spinning wheel.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:13 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ha ha, there is no more TC for me.... the chip took care of that pain in the ***.. it atuomatically turns off when i start the car..
Old 06-04-2004, 04:31 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

really i thought the gas shut down ohh man that sucks. i know some cars it retards the gas
Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

according to ford - the traction control 1) retards the timing, 2)reduces the fuel, 3)applies braking - in that order, as needed, but I don't know ****...that's just what i read from ford.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:06 PM
stangnoob
1st Gear Member

And i turn this piece of $)#@ off how ?
Lol, i'm still under warranty so i'm not gonna start modding for another 2k miles or so.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

according to ford - the traction control 1) retards the timing, 2)reduces the fuel, 3)applies braking - in that order, as needed, but I don't know ****...that's just what i read from ford.
you may be right - all I know is that it applies the brakes when I try to burnout with it on (by accident of course). I shoulda had it turned off with my chip - I wasn't thinking I guess. It will change when the cams and tune comes.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:19 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I'm with you mdvalsodta - hate the f'n t/c. I shut it off everytime I start the car...I wish it would just stay in the off position instead of defaulting back to "on" everytime the ignition is shut off.

BTW- I wasn't being a smartass about not knowing anything...I really don't. I just found the information when I was looking for a way to shut off the t/c permanently...like the seatbelt alarm - that thing is more whiney than my girlfriend.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:35 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangnoob

And i turn this piece of $)#@ off how ?
Lol, i'm still under warranty so i'm not gonna start modding for another 2k miles or so.
there should be a button right in front of your shifter.. push it and an orange like should turn on on the botton itself. when the light is on, tc is off.

Quick Reply: Traction control light?