4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Will i notice these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:00 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Will i notice these mods?

dan, i never flamed him. it was other members. but like i said, if you cant handle hearing what people have to say, forums arent the place for you
Old 06-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I never pointed my finger at you did I?

When he asks for opinions about his wheels, then everyone is game to insult the choice of rims all they want. This thread is specifically about performance.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:03 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

i never said you blamed me, i was just saying...but seriously, not everyone is going to agree with everyone. ive been flamed, im sure you have to, but its not the end of the world. people have opinions, it shouldnt be taken seriously.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

hey dan . but you know that those 20s arent any good for performance. i mean if he wants them than thats cool those are some big *** rims . but now he wants gears and go fast mods and those rims are gonna hold him back . i think the guys here where just tryin to wake him up and get him straight on what he needs for performance and he took three steps back with the 20s.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:56 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: efeezy

Hey im sure everyone is sick of people asking about mods but i dont wanna dump money into the car if im not goign to really notice it. So on my 97gt auto all i have is k&n and flowmaters. Just threw 20 inch wheels on my car which i dont notice slowed it down at all. Anyway i was going to throw a x pipe in, mac cia, underdrive pulleys, and 4:10 gears. Will that make a huge differance in how fast it is or is that just a waste of money? Like i wanna be able to feel a huge differance.
I noticed a big difference when my husband put in the 4:10 gears. I know that isnt a waste.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:59 PM
efeezy

Well atleast i know 4:10 will help. Whos cares about rims ya there big but they fill the wheel well perfect. How can they slow you down that much its not that big of a differance. If you guys who flame big wheels could aford to put them on you car then mabe youd see there isnt much of a differance. Big wheels means nothing on performace and im not looking for quatermile times and oh my car is .3 faster then yours bull****.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:10 PM
cepowers18
3rd Gear Member

Like vshayes said, 4.10s will be a hell of a difference... getting a shift kit with that, you'll notice even a bigger difference.

If you were planning on the x-pipe and you already have flowmasters, get headers too... the whole exhaust done will free up some HP. That and finish your intake... then start modifying the engine. That's just one man's opinion, I'm sure these other guys that know more about performance can probably help you more.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:14 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Well atleast i know 4:10 will help. Whos cares about rims ya there big but they fill the wheel well perfect. How can they slow you down that much its not that big of a differance. If you guys who flame big wheels could aford to put them on you car then mabe youd see there isnt much of a differance. Big wheels means nothing on performace and im not looking for quatermile times and oh my car is .3 faster then yours bull****.
the bigger the rim, the less rubber. the less rubber, lesser the traction. and im sure your 20s are quite heavy too
Old 06-08-2004, 11:14 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

now comments like that i shake my head to.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

man about them dubs....

haha just kidding... thought I was gonna go there didn't ya? huh? ahahahahahhahahhahaa!

umm, ok, at any rate if you throw those 4 mods in you suggested in your first thread, you will notica a hella lot of difference. no a little, but ALOT. so what are you waiting for? go do it!

lolz

Quick Reply: Will i notice these mods?