4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cheapest most hp making parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 12:49 PM
lloydchristmas
3rd Gear Member

Default cheapest most hp making parts

If you dont want push button power use a throttle switch. Then you'll shoot every time you go to WOT. There , problem solved. But if you dont know enough about N2O or your scared of it just say so.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:55 PM
yellowstang
1st Gear Member

WOT-what does this mean , and I've read the book you've typed for us about the nos.(jeep) I'm not scared , I just would rather put in a supercharger before nos , even though suprchargers are thousands of dollars. Lets just say I was going to get nos what shot 100 and the big question wet or dry kit?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:02 PM
03SVTcobraa
2nd Gear Member

I have your solution. Don't get Nitrous. You don't have what it takes to handle it in the motor.You're going to mess something up. Go with a supercharger. It's aREAL power adder. All the ricers use nitrous.-lol.The reason superchargers cost so much is because they are better on a motor. You get what you pay for in life. IMHO, go with a supercharger. You have instant motor power.Do what you want, but in the long run, you're going to be much better off with a blower. Just my $.02.</P>
Old 06-23-2003, 02:17 AM
yellowstang
1st Gear Member

YeaI want a supercharger just right nowI don't have the cash , I'll just start saving up.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:41 PM
fast4rds

Power adders are all harder on your engine than stock. Ford Racing Parts makes a couple of cam set-ups that work better than stock, especialy with full exaust and ported intake (upper) and throttle body. NOS isnt always worse than Supercharging, just almost always .You know, most people that i know who rave about NOS either have only limited expierence with the stuff, or dont understand how engines work. By that I mean they dont understand Thermodynamics in internal combustion engines.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:40 PM
TWalk

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHO MAKES CAMS FOR A 2003 4.6 L MUSTANG. BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANY. THANKS A LOT.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 03SVTcobraa

I have your solution. Don't get Nitrous. You don't have what it takes to handle it in the motor. You're going to mess something up. Go with a supercharger. It's a REAL power adder. All the ricers use nitrous.-lol. The reason superchargers cost so much is because they are better on a motor. You get what you pay for in life. IMHO, go with a supercharger. You have instant motor power. Do what you want, but in the long run, you're going to be much better off with a blower. Just my $.02.</p>
Superchargers cost more because they are better on the motor...okay. How much do you think it costs to build a Nitrous setup vs a Supercharger setup? Superchargers involve a lot of r&d and $$ to build. Where-as Nitrous doesn't use 1/4 the technology SC's do. THAT's why SC's cost much more.

A blower isn't any easier on a motor than nitrous is. It's ALL about the fat foot pushing the gas pedal & the guy maintaining the motor. Superchargers don't need much up-keep where as with Nitrous you must pay a lot of attention to your timing & spark plugs, which should be general maitnance that half your new car owners don't do anyways.

Not only does superchargers clog up an engine compartment, they need intercoolers and such...which means for the non-DIY'er it's going to cost even MORE to have that sucker installed.

You can pick up a nitrous system for under $800 bucks and have it installed for less than $500 by a reputable engine shop. You can help resist the temptation of your lead foot by stuffing the bottle in your trunk.

Yes, if you want to be technical and say USE for USE...SC's win over Nitrous anyday. They operate differently and the SC operates in a less "Hazardous" way if you will. BUT the SC is on-tap by demand of WOT at anytime where as Nitrous requires opening the bottle and arming the system, which - for the responsible driver or for the driver who admits to a lead foot...is a much better option.

Watch your timing, watch your colder plugs, general maitnance etc...I have drag racing buddies with stock engines that have been running nitrous every weekend at the track bracket racing without one engine failure. And they tell me they've been through enough bottles to feed babies for a life time.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I forgot to mention, several companies selling nitrous kits now guarentee your motor if it blows from a shot. Check with your local speed shops.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:28 AM
wei462
1st Gear Member

STICKERS........................Just ask any ricer
Old 09-02-2003, 02:29 AM
atlantic pony

what is WOT?

Quick Reply: cheapest most hp making parts