4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Time to tell ford we want power

Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

Default Time to tell ford we want power

I think we need to all send a email or letter or somthing to tell them we want a car with power. That is what a mustang is all about power and going fast right? So we need to get together and all send them somthing and let them know. I know year for year mustang VS camaro stock for stock we are gettin killed.Our GT500 VS the ZO6 we are going to get killed stock for stock this has to stop somtime.I just want to know who feels the same way.Our mustang GT should have at least 400hp and the GT500 more like 600hp. Me with a 01 gt feel we just start behind the LS gm ponycars so we have to spend that much more money to be faster then them.Am I the only one that feels this way?Or am I just crazy let me know what you think thanks for you time
Old 08-14-2006, 03:32 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Time to tell ford we want power

We all think like that I'm pretty sure. Yes, year for year Mustang vs Camaro stock we get beat, BUT in sales, which is what Ford cares about, the Mustang almost outsells the F-Bodies(camaro, firebird, etc) 2 to 1. Which is why Ford chills about it because they are killing sales so they are good. Also regarding the GT500, if it wasnt such a fat bastard then it might stay up with a Z06 but the damn thing weighs so damn much nearly 4k lbs and the weight distribution sucks with 57% upfront and 43% outback. They really should be ashamed to make such a heavy car.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:32 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

OK I am crazy
Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 AM
torqueaddict
1st Gear Member

Goddamn, I hear you buddy!

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 03:36 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

No dude I totally agree with you. But I'm saying Ford doesnt give a **** about keeping up with the performance of its rivals' cars because they are more interested in sales and just making dollars. But yeah I totally agree we need better cars made to even keep up with the competition. They have so many Mustang haters out there, especially at my track, so I cant wait until I get my S/C then I'm going to have me some fun with a cocky Z28 Camaro at my local track lol bow ties are for little boys, dont he know that?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

ya I know with all the money off the sale they need to make them fast ya know.I think we need to let them know we are gettin killed out here well I am not doing so bad but I have a vortech but the mustang in a hole we are gettin ate up just makes me mad.[:@]
Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Yea man people have no respect for Mustangs. I mean I have stock civics and accord race me actually thinking they will win just because "its a Mustang and its slow" thats everyones mentality and I hate that ****. Makes me wish my parents would have co-signed a loan for me to get an 03 Cobra that I wanted originally but my credit wasnt good enough to get it myself as I am only 19 years old.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:40 AM
torqueaddict
1st Gear Member

Well, hopefully the GT500 will give the Z06's a run for their $. An extra $20,000 that is.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 03:40 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

its ok I pulled a load on my paid off car to get the vortech
Old 08-14-2006, 03:42 AM
torqueaddict
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doughboy4.6

its ok I pulled a load on my paid off car to get the vortech