4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

This is how to stop door chime!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

Default This is how to stop door chime!!!

Stop re-wiring and doing ridiculous stuff to your wiring! Wiring your radio direct is a BAD freakin idea. What shuts the amps off??? You can't bypass the remote wire, because you need something to kill the power to your amps. That's if you have them. And NO shutting the radio off doesn't kill the power to the amps. ANYWAY!!!!!!!! THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!![:-]
I should charge for this.[sm=ts.gif] It is so easy your gonna sh.t your pants![:'(]
Put your key in your ignition and turn it to the acc positon or turn your headlights on. Underneath the dash near your right knee is the freakin chime box. You can crawl underthere and see it. It is white and has like 8 or 9 wires going into it. You should beabl to see the three holes that the chime sounds through. Simly unhook it. Thats it !!!![sm=icon_rock.gif] It doesn't effect anything. It is just a relay to assist an idiot ding for the MORON who left his door wide open going down the freeway [sm=yikesomg.gif]...lol Or the dumbass who leaves his parking lights on at shows. NO MORE DING. $5.00 Please.lol[sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 03:45 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: This is how to stop door chime!!!

excellent info, thanks very much
Old 08-14-2006, 03:46 AM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

Sweeet
Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Stop re-wiring and doing ridiculous stuff to your wiring! Wiring your radio direct is a BAD freakin idea. What shuts the amps off??? You can't bypass the remote wire, because you need something to kill the power to your amps. That's if you have them. And NO shutting the radio off doesn't kill the power to the amps.
I guess i should have mentioned that i have an after market stereo system not the cheesy mach 460 or 1000 POS systems that ford puts in. I tore out every inch of ford factory stereo wiring and did it all myself. So i do agree with you about that if you have a factory system. BTW im sending out that $5 in the morning! You should see it soon. That seems to be a much better idea than kicking the side of my car untill it shuts up. . . or unhooking the battery and throwing off a cliff. . . . Obviously im not the only one that feels that way about that chime. .. .[sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

ORIGINAL: 97targa

Stop re-wiring and doing ridiculous stuff to your wiring! Wiring your radio direct is a BAD freakin idea. What shuts the amps off??? You can't bypass the remote wire, because you need something to kill the power to your amps. That's if you have them. And NO shutting the radio off doesn't kill the power to the amps.
I guess i should have mentioned that i have an after market stereo system not the cheesy mach 460 or 1000 POS systems that ford puts in. I tore out every inch of ford factory stereo wiring and did it all myself. So i do agree with you about that if you have a factory system. BTW im sending out that $5 in the morning! You should see it soon. That seems to be a much better idea than kicking the side of my car untill it shuts up. . . or unhooking the battery and throwing off a cliff. . . . Obviously im not the only one that feels that way about that chime. .. .[sm=bangbang.gif]
I did the same thing with my stereo. It was the first bullsh.t I encountered with my car. I figured there weren't as many Clowns out there like me...lol You re-assured me.. thanks. Good luck with your chime!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:42 AM
6charger8
2nd Gear Member

whats the point in turning on your headlights if your just going to unplug it?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:04 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Already know that, but thanks! lol
Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
95GT 50

Talking

THANK YOU, that chime was getting on my last nerve
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM
svt96cobra

My car didnt even make it in the garage before i had that thing found and unplugged
Old 08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
pfc_gomez
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97targa
It is just a relay to assist an idiot ding for the MORON who left his door wide open going down the freeway [sm=yikesomg.gif]...lol [sm=yeahsmile.gif]
If you drive your car down the freeway with the door wide open you have more to worry about than a noisy relay! Funny as hell!

Last edited by pfc_gomez; 08-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is how to stop door chime!!!