4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

So I got this itch..

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:32 AM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Default So I got this itch..

and have decided I want a nitrous system. I dont know too much about it other then the different brands and shots. Wet,dry, zex, Edelbrock, NOS, you know that stuff. I also don't know if I should hold off till after I rebulid the motor. Friend just got a hook up at a speed shop, so I know I will be having Cams and some ported heads, just don't know how long[&:]. Let me get some ideas from everyone, whether its brand suggestions, size shots, wet/dry debate. Whatever it is let me hear it.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:33 AM
97mustanggton18s
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: So I got this itch..

im going to go with a 100 wet when i do
Old 08-15-2006, 02:25 AM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

well if ur talkin bout rebuildin ur engine it sounds like u have money, so y dont u just do it right and make a stronger bottom end and s/c it, nos is cheap but that deff doesnt make it a good idea
Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: korn253

well if ur talkin bout rebuildin ur engine it sounds like u have money, so y dont u just do it right and make a stronger bottom end and s/c it, nos is cheap but that deff doesnt make it a good idea
Your obviously un-educated about nitrous...I would get a wet kit, go with nx. I really like their system. Get a step colder plugs, gap them at .35 and get a dyno tune. You'll run all day long without hurting your motor.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:35 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

I like my Zex kit. I've said it a couple times. Zex kits are GREAT for a simple nitrous kit. If you're going to get serious with the nitrous, with lots of extras (multiple stages, window switch, fuel pressure safety cutout, and others... you can rig a window switch to the zex kit fairly easily.. but when you try to chain other extras to it, it becomes complex and does not work well) go with one of the other companies, such as NOS or NX.

Again, if all you want is a simple, basic kit, go with Zex.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:18 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

ORIGINAL: korn253

Your obviously un-educated about nitrous...I would get a wet kit, go with nx. I really like their system. Get a step colder plugs, gap them at .35 and get a dyno tune. You'll run all day long without hurting your motor.

I love nx snobs. As soon as they see someone type "nos", they don't know what they are talking about.

Like the man said, to do it right is to build the bottom end to handle it before you shoot it. If , like the man said, money is no object, build it, F/I it, then nx it.

Heck, just call it N2O. That's what it is after all.

By the way mate, it's you're.