4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Evap leak in my fuel line.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

Default RE: Evap leak in my fuel line.....

ORIGINAL: chrissilver3975

I have the p1443 code for emissions and the other day I was pumping gas and when it stopped I saw a small puddle of gas behind my car to the side.. I assumed like it splashed or something but Idk.. maybe its leaking.. i guess ill have to take it to get someone to look at it.. definately not messing with gas or the tank.. Im pretty sure its not the gas cap.. .looks like its in pretty good condition to me..
Is it leaking on the passenger side right by the tank?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:25 PM
crzyhrs11

i had the same problem in my previous mustang and i went throught the gas cap and all. if the gas cap doesnt fix it the evap leaks are generaly small but a pain to fix.. it would be easiest to just replace the tubes. if the codes read for a vapor leak go with the smoke test but i know i had hell trying to fix mine. as far as further problems only gas milage but you are driving a stang anyway
Old 05-24-2007, 09:32 AM
vwdeano

I've got a 1998 Cobra, and I have a very, very small drip on the floor on the passenger side right by the fuel tank. No codes, and this is the only time I've left it in the garage with a full tank. I filled it up before the Memorial Day gas increases, LOL, and just noticed it. I assumed it was some kind of evap leak? No codes, and it just passed emissions, so I assume the cap is good...
Old 12-01-2023, 05:46 AM
mford5352

Default Help evap leak not going away!!!!

Originally Posted by Haze28
The dealership told me that I have a small evap leak in the line going to my fuel tank. I am getting the feeling that they are full of it, but I was still just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it can lead to bigger problems. Any help would be great.

hello I am having some evap problems myself I first had the fuel cap replaced by my mechanic just to see if it would set off the code reader again and it did so I had paid 600 for the lines to be replaced and the fuel pressure sensor.

Then after the car kept throwing codes so I did the charcoal canister from the junkyard and a new vapor purge valve and it went away for a good couple months but the code ended up coming bac

now I have checked my purge valve replaced it again I put a fresh charcoal canister from a car that was recently crashed and I’ve checked all them using my ob2 reader which test the evap system and it says all of them open and it shows on the live data how they change when I turn them on and off

and I can’t see and big drops in the pressure it goes up constantly and doesn’t go down so I don’t see any leaks on the screen I’ve put a fresh fuel cap yesterday on top of that and I also did a full check of all the lines so now I’m just gonna drive it today and see if it comes back but I’m guessing it will

any recommendations I also keep seeing my ecu saying not connecting and the ecu fails sometimes which I find very weird but then they work after a minute anyways any recommendations now should I change my computer I am gonna do a smoke test before just to confirm that is the problem.
Old 12-01-2023, 05:49 AM
mford5352

[QUOTE=mford5352;8724849]hello I am having some evap problems myself I first had the fuel cap replaced by my mechanic just to see if it would set off the code reader again and it did so I had paid 600 for the lines to be replaced and the fuel pressure sensor.

Then after the car kept throwing codes so I did the charcoal canister from the junkyard and a new vapor purge valve and it went away for a good couple months but the code ended up coming bac

now I have checked my purge valve replaced it again I put a fresh charcoal canister from a car that was recently crashed and I’ve checked all them using my ob2 reader which test the evap system and it says all of them open and it shows on the live data how they change when I turn them on and off

and I can’t see and big drops in the pressure it goes up constantly and doesn’t go down so I don’t see any leaks on the screen I’ve put a fresh fuel cap yesterday on top of that and I also did a full check of all the lines so now I’m just gonna drive it today and see if it comes back but I’m guessing it will

any recommendations I also keep seeing my ecu saying not connecting and the ecu fails sometimes which I find very weird but then they work after a minute anyways any recommendations now should I change my computer I am gonna do a smoke test before just to confirm that is the problem.

I also want to add that when I test a vapor valve which in my reader is vapor management valve 1 it makes the car idle really bad which I’m guessing is because it’s turning off so I know 100 percent that one is working and the charcoal canister so limpid is doing it’s job because it is holding pressure on my screen
Old 12-05-2023, 04:03 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

[QUOTE=mford5352;8724850]
Originally Posted by mford5352
hello I am having some evap problems myself I first had the fuel cap replaced by my mechanic just to see if it would set off the code reader again and it did so I had paid 600 for the lines to be replaced and the fuel pressure sensor.

I also want to add that when I test a vapor valve which in my reader is vapor management valve 1 it makes the car idle really bad which I’m guessing is because it’s turning off so I know 100 percent that one is working and the charcoal canister so limpid is doing it’s job because it is holding pressure on my screen
Start a new thread. Original one is 16 years old.