4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust Advice

people give you that look like .... zomg your the reason were so dependant on oil ... staring down at me from thier HUGE suv while on thier cellphone sipping on a starbucks
Old 08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

but on the subject of the slp lm's, im not sayin they sound like **** or anything, im just simply sayin i like the flowmaster sound a little better. the thing to remember is that we all luv mustangs, so no hatin aloud.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

+1

ORIGINAL: mvr

people give you that look like .... zomg your the reason were so dependant on oil ... staring down at me from thier HUGE suv while on thier cellphone sipping on a starbucks

Old 08-17-2006, 03:28 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

+1

+2 while they run you off the road to pass you to slam on the brakes in front of you at the next red light [:@][:@][:@]

but yeah, each exhaust is different, they are all good. It's about what yo ulike, how you use the car, etc
Old 08-17-2006, 03:49 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3
what I also don't understand, is i'll be cruising at like 25mph in 3rd gear down a side street, and everyone who's in their front yard or walking like gives me this evil glare like I'm going 140mph and trying to aim for their children... wtf
Amen to that.. Just the other day, as I went down my friend's street, there were 2 old women than came running out of their house to tell me to slow down.. I was already doing MAYBE 20mph.. Speed limit is 30....

Also, someone mentioned the Camaro/FB Thing.. The biggest reason our exhaust sound is superior is because we have a crossover pipe..

F-bodies have a Y-pipe which sort of mashes up the sound... When you hear an F-Body w/ a crossover, you'll sh-t your pants.. It sounds awesome...

JT
Old 08-17-2006, 03:51 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3
what I also don't understand, is i'll be cruising at like 25mph in 3rd gear down a side street, and everyone who's in their front yard or walking like gives me this evil glare like I'm going 140mph and trying to aim for their children... wtf
Amen to that.. Just the other day, as I went down my friend's street, there were 2 old women than came running out of their house to tell me to slow down.. I was already doing MAYBE 20mph.. Speed limit is 30....

Also, someone mentioned the Camaro/FB Thing.. The biggest reason our exhaust sound is superior is because we have a crossover pipe..

F-bodies have a Y-pipe which sort of mashes up the sound... When you hear an F-Body w/ a crossover, you'll sh-t your pants.. It sounds awesome...

JT

yeah i was goin 20 in a 25, and some lady did the same thing she was jumping up and down pointing to the speed limit sign, and i glance down and I am goin under the limit...

as for the F bodies, yeah I've heard some with good exhausts and they do sound very good as well
Old 08-17-2006, 04:04 PM
stangarang
2nd Gear Member

does anyone here know anything about Bassanni headers & exaust for my 00 GT 5-spd? I know it's expensive as s**t, but i want it all to fit/sound right, and i'd rather pay alot once, then have to replace the the whole thing a couple of times and end up spending more. any other suggestions? how about FRPP headers? haven't really heard about them
Old 08-17-2006, 04:12 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangarang

does anyone here know anything about Bassanni headers & exaust for my 00 GT 5-spd? I know it's expensive as s**t, but i want it all to fit/sound right, and i'd rather pay alot once, then have to replace the the whole thing a couple of times and end up spending more. any other suggestions? how about FRPP headers? haven't really heard about them
personally i think the bassani's are the best sounding exhaust on the market, but yes very expensive.

and yesterday i was driving down my road at dusk and i see about 15 twelve year old girls on each side of the road so i slow way down prob like 15mph in a 30mph zone. at the end of all the girls there was a mom like waving her hands at me to slow down, and i lookin my mirror and shes throwing her hands up. im like WTF and punched it in 2nd.

GET OFF THE ROAD IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET HIT!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:13 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i dont know if ive ever heard bassani. most people round here run flomaster, bbk, magnaflow, and slp's. ill ride with bbk l/ts , bbk x all day long. And as for the FRPP headers. there ok, one good thing about em though, is there covered on ur factory warranty. if i were u i would get the catback, and mid pipe first. if ur happy then leave it. if not get the headers or go to mustangexhaust.com and find what u like. happy huntin
Old 08-17-2006, 04:15 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangarang

personally i think the bassani's are the best sounding exhaust on the market, but yes very expensive.

and yesterday i was driving down my road at dusk and i see about 15 twelve year old girls on each side of the road so i slow way down prob like 15mph in a 30mph zone. at the end of all the girls there was a mom like waving her hands at me to slow down, and i lookin my mirror and shes throwing her hands up. im like WTF and punched it in 2nd.

ha ha u shoulda burned out and been like im not speedin now, AM I?????

Quick Reply: Exhaust Advice