4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Silver Bucket getting a new look

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:28 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default Silver Bucket getting a new look

Nitrous kit and rear seat delete are in. I have to pick up the cage tomorrow. So, we were sitting around BS'ing and throwing some ideas around. Since my new hood and trunk lid are getting painted, we decided to do a 2 tone. The top of the car will have a new color and it's gonna be wild. Not telling ya'll the new color and it will be done this next week. Can't wait and pics will be coming.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Silver Bucket getting a new look

2 tones are tough to pull off on our new edge mustangs... ive tried to think/draw/sketch a good 2 tone paint job for hours upon hours for my new edge... its tough to pull it off but when you do... congrats.

Good luck with the paint scheme, hope it works.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:42 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

We have it worked out and it will flow nicely. We decided to go pretty wild since the car is being retired to a "Fun only" car.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:44 AM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

first guess is black

second guess is another shade of grey

third guess is...wtf are you doing to your car man! two tone isnt the best looking on new edges imho, but eh.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Naa, im sure he will keep 3/4's of it Silver... (because he is upsest with silver)
Old 08-26-2006, 03:51 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

We have it worked out and it will flow nicely. We decided to go pretty wild since the car is being retired to a "Fun only" car.
LMAO, like the "Bucket" was a daily driver before the juice. I'm looking forward to the pics of the two tone.

Off subject. I have an idea for flames that I have yet to see on a car.

Think of a burning match, lighter or a torch for you youngins out there.

At the base/root of the flame, what color is it? Blue, fades to burnt orange, fades to yellow/orange. There really isn't a whole lot of red in a true flame.

Sooooo, start from the front blue, fade to burnt orange and end the tips with a bright yellow/orange mix.

Forget the two tone. I wanna see realistic flames on a car.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:07 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

LMAO, like the "Bucket" was a daily driver before the juice. I'm looking forward to the pics of the two tone.

At the base/root of the flame, what color is it? Blue, fades to burnt orange, fades to yellow/orange. There really isn't a whole lot of red in a true flame.

Sooooo, start from the front blue, fade to burnt orange and end the tips with a bright yellow/orange mix.

That's a cool flame idea, bro.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:09 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: ackuric

first guess is black

second guess is another shade of grey

third guess is...wtf are you doing to your car man! two tone isnt the best looking on new edges imho, but eh.
Not black or grey. The other color will start at the very top body line, just below the windows. Where the color change is, there will be a 1/4" silver stripe, then an 1/8" stripe of the new color to break the two colors up. As far as the new color, it is VERY BRIGHT.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:11 AM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

bright orange
Old 08-26-2006, 04:14 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

That's a cool flame idea, bro.
May I be so bold as to say, "cool enough for the Bucket"? Think about it Code. Theeeee one and only to have flames like that on a 'stang. I was about 2 months away from doing that flame job on my "Bullet" before she blew up. I think the silver would be the best background for the blues, yellows and oranges. Granted, it'd take some major guts to be the first person to try it.

Quick Reply: Silver Bucket getting a new look