4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Curious what gas company do u use in your 4.6??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:17 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Curious what gas company do u use in your 4.6??

mostly Getty, but whatever is cheap is good for me. ill put anything in my car.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:21 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

I go to COSCO for my gas. Usually about a nickel cheaper than everybody else around here
Old 08-26-2006, 09:46 PM
99blackout
2nd Gear Member

Always go to BP...never had a problem
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

i just started to go to BP, dotn have any problems. i used to go to wawa gas stations (if your not from the east you know what im talking about) the only reason i go to BP now is cuz my indian friend hooks me up
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

I used to work for BP.

The fuel at your BP station is the same at the citgo station, is the same as the shell station.

There are two major importers of gasoline in the U.S, BP & Exxon

When a Vessel (300,000 barrels * 42 gallons in the barrel) docks, this entire vessel will be sold to BP or Exxon.

From here BP or Exxon will sell part to citgo, part to shell, etc.

So basically, the gas at your shell station is the same as the gas at the BP station is the same as every other station in the vicinity.

Talk about a shady business...holy $hit. It's amazing how these major distributors can manipulate the price of gas.

I heard about this but they may get all the same gas, but doesnt every major company put it own additive in the gas???? some use the corn stuff, some mix it with other chems for cleaning injectors, some use mtbe ect ect... so i would have to think that would make cars run better or worse, yes they all use the same base gas, but what the put in it to save money and give them more volume of a product is what makes it better or worse....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

I used to work for BP.

The fuel at your BP station is the same at the citgo station, is the same as the shell station.

There are two major importers of gasoline in the U.S, BP & Exxon

When a Vessel (300,000 barrels * 42 gallons in the barrel) docks, this entire vessel will be sold to BP or Exxon.

From here BP or Exxon will sell part to citgo, part to shell, etc.

So basically, the gas at your shell station is the same as the gas at the BP station is the same as every other station in the vicinity.

Talk about a shady business...holy $hit. It's amazing how these major distributors can manipulate the price of gas.

I heard about this but they may get all the same gas, but doesnt every major company put it own additive in the gas???? some use the corn stuff, some mix it with other chems for cleaning injectors, some use mtbe ect ect... so i would have to think that would make cars run better or worse, yes they all use the same base gas, but what the put in it to save money and give them more volume of a product is what makes it better or worse....
Can they add something to it to make it a higher volume??? $hit, I guess anythings possible. I never delved that deep into the business. Who knows how many times the gas is sold once off the vessel. I have heard of "bad tank of gas." So I'm not sure.

But I can tell you this...Anyone who knows our answer to our question is paid WAY too much money & will take that secret to their grave.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:36 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

You forgot sunoco. I used to fill up at the cheapest place until I looked at my fuel filter. Now its a month later and my car is running much better.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:41 AM
Airman21
2nd Gear Member

its hard to find 24 hour gas stations around here and i work night shift so i only go to WAWA (east coast thing)
Old 08-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Airman21

its hard to find 24 hour gas stations around here and i work night shift so i only go to WAWA (east coast thing)
dude wawa has ****ty gas. i would stop going there if you could help it.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:17 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fryguy22

ORIGINAL: Airman21

dude wawa has ****ty gas. i would stop going there if you could help it.
and how do you know this?? i used to only got to WAWA cuz it was usually owned my americans and i didnt have to explain myself a billion times to a indian that only know's 9 words in english. i never had a problem with wawa.

Quick Reply: Curious what gas company do u use in your 4.6??