4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

rice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: rice?

That first car's interior hurt my eyes. I hated the rims. The body kit is nice, but I cringed when I saw it was a GT with Saleen painted all over it. As far as I'm concerned, even if you have to fill in the "Saleen" on the rear bumper with fiberglass or bondo or whatever...do it. The neon lights...errrrr...The jury is still out on that. All in all, I rate it 60% rice.

The second car...I don't even have to say it. [:'(]
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

rice aint 20" wheels thats just stupid or urban not so much as rice
If you put money in the body of a mustang other than better paint or getting rid of the gay *** "honeycomb"
Its just stupid IF you havent done engine work, now for stang 2000 who has all bolt-ons and gears he's cool because he put money in his motor and now he's hooking up the body
honestly most body kits imo are rice because i dont like clones of any sort, cobra clones imo are stupid along with saleen and roush clones. To be honest its your money and do with it what you please but dont bash a guy for spending his money to rice his ride, just shake your head and move on
ORIGINAL: memphissfinest

i agree that 20's only look good on the new stangs. i like the mach 1 shaker scoop but i dont want to look like im posing by getting the shaker hood and scoop along with my grill delete and chin spoiler. i never planned on getting mach 1 badges. but ive decided to use the hood money on either long tubes or gears.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

If you want to see real rice, I am a mod at RicerForums.Com, no Mustangs that I recall. But I don't agree that anything non-functional is rice, like people have mentioned, the grill delete doesn't add horsepower, but it looks better. I think anything non-functional, that is excessive and ruins the look and feel of the vehicle could be determined as rice. Roof scoops do not flow well with the body lines of a Mustang for example.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

usualy i think of rice as the usual over the top crap that makes the specific car look rediculous. like the huge wing, misbadging, huge exhaust tip, if its louder than a motercyle with open headers, taped on body kits... etc. but it also has to do with the driver, like this one guy in my town with a rx8 and a cf hood aftermarket rims and limo tint. its a respectable car until you see him drive it, he thinks his car is the **** not to mention it has no cats so the exhaust backfires and just sounds like complete crap. or if someone who owns a respectable car ads a few minor bolt ons and thinks thier car IS the fastest car ever. you can usualy tell at first glance weather the person and car is rice. i give respect where its due import or american.

today was my first day of school, i go to a community college. for a second i thought i was in ricer hell because every other car was beat to crap with fading window tints and fartcans hanging half off the bumper. and in class it sounded like a beehive outside because all of them were trying to be louder than the last one.

and that mustang linked to in the earlier post is rice because of the rims and underbodys.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:24 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: S2K1

If you want to see real rice, I am a mod at RicerForums.Com, no Mustangs that I recall. But I don't agree that anything non-functional is rice, like people have mentioned, the grill delete doesn't add horsepower, but it looks better. I think anything non-functional, that is excessive and ruins the look and feel of the vehicle could be determined as rice. Roof scoops do not flow well with the body lines of a Mustang for example.
roof scoops are so lame unless its a rear engine car such as a mr2
Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
CrazyDan
2nd Gear Member

Rice to me is all those mother FÃœckin import cars that just put on body kits , a sound system, nos, there chicken chocker exhuast and think there the fastest and hottest **** there is.[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Rice is something that is hard to define cuz it just has so many opinions to it. I'll take my case for example. I had my 04 GT mustang (just sold it) while I was going thru college. So I really didn't have any money at all to put into the stang. So basically I had to stay stock. The only thing that I was able to do was add a couple of decals to my car, but nothing over the top. I honestly did not have enough time to do the amount of research that I would've needed to figure out how to make my stang go faster. I wasn't necessarily tryin to make look 'faster' than what it was, I just wanted to make it look a lil better while I was saving up to buy some go faster parts. IMO, rousch, saleen, mach 1, and cobra are all associated with mustangs so if you use those, I wouldn't consider it rice. Now if you went out and bought a body kit other than that.... then it could pass as rice. I think the badging is a big part of rice cuz even if you put a body kit that I just mentioned, as long as you don't tell everyone, or show everyone, that your car is a cobra, mach 1, etc. then I would consider that ok. But to each his own... but 20" rims just dont work for 99-04's. I posted in the Off Topic section of a guys mustang that had a fish tank[>:] in the center console. Just my .02 worth.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:30 PM
LDC2335

interior= not bad

exhaust=rice

rims= ugly

saleen kit =poser.......they do make saleen replica kits that do not say saleen..i think thats ok

roof scoop=pointless and rice

iraqi veteran sticker= not sure what to think, ive been to iraqi freedom and enduring freedom and would never put a sticker on my car to brag or show off.. to each thier own i guess
Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

i had an neon SRT-4 and i didnt find nothing rice about it that little 4 banger turbo kicked ****ing ***!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:52 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

The interior is actually pretty nice. If it doesn't have any engine mods, it is rice. If it's got the whole saleen kit (including performance upgrades), then the thing's basically a show car. Although the rims SUCK!

Quick Reply: rice?