What should be next?? - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What should be next??

Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM
kimknight

Default What should be next??

Hi!

I have a 98 Mustang Gt Conv. So far I have only put in a flowmaster and K&N Fuel Injection Kit. I have saved about $500.00 for my car. What should I put in next? I am looking to make it faster or sound better...

Thanks!
Kimberley
Old 08-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What should be next??

imo i would make a tuner one of the first buys so you dont waste money on mil's for the mid pipe or on a speed calibrator for the gears... after that i would get gears for performance or if you want the sound get the mid pipe w/o cats (o/r)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

K&N fuel injection kit? Do you mean a K&N intake kit?
If you are really serious then gears are considered one of the first mods. Is your car an automatic or stick? www.rpmoutlet.com has a gearset/tuner combo for $459. shipped which is a great price. For another $29. they include the shims needed. You would have to find a competant mechanic to do the install as not all can do the job properly. You would need to save another $200. or so for the labor but the tuner you could use right away and it helps especially if you have an automatic. I would say if you go that route to get the SCT tuner. '98's are less powered than the '99-'04's so maybe a '96-'98 owner could help you more. Mark
Old 08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Definitely do gears next, you'll be happy ya did.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:20 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cornbread01

imo i would make a tuner one of the first buys so you dont waste money on mil's for the mid pipe or on a speed calibrator for the gears... after that i would get gears for performance or if you want the sound get the mid pipe w/o cats (o/r)
96-98 gt's still have to use a speedcal to correct for gear changes...
I would say gears, install kit, full syn fluid and a speedcal should put you around the neighborhood of $500 after install.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.