4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What realistic gains from Densecharger kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 05:03 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

Default What realistic gains from Densecharger kit?

I have a 04 GT with no mods currently. I am going to be getting a Densecharger full kit with MAF (the $280 kit). The website seems to claim 16-18 rwhp gains with the TB included with the kit. I was wondering if this is accurate or if I am just misreading something.

I'm also going to be getting Steeda underdrive pulleys and I was curious about the "8-10 bolt on hp" they claim.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:01 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What realistic gains from Densecharger kit?

I just received my Densecharger system in the mail today. I believe the $280 kit is from the Meter forward system, not the full length system. You will probably only get about 2-3 more hp with the full length system, but hey it looks better. I got the Full length system with the Carbon Fiber dress kit and the 85mm MAF for around 330 bucks. Can't wait to get it on. I'm hoping to get at least 15-18hp gain from this setup. Anybody got a 75mm TB that they want to let me have?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:32 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

let me know how the installation goes, I'm a total noob when it comes to cars so let me know how it would be for a noob such as myself to do
Old 06-28-2004, 06:48 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

There's a link somewhere on this site that has step by step instructions with pics on how to do it. I printed it out(in color of course) and am ready for action. I will let you know how it goes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6648/Wt590393049.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

Hey but you can start by removing your air silencer. I took mine off last week and it did feel a bit stronger. I believe it's good for about 3-4 more ponies...
Old 06-28-2004, 06:55 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

15-18 hp from the full kit including meter is about right. Also, now that you have a good tb foward setup - it makes plenum and tb changes more worthwhile as well.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:10 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

Yep... Still waiting for someone to donate a 75mm TB though...[sm=smiley24.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6648/Jh163423138.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-30-2004, 01:43 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

Finally able to report back on this little feat! Sorry for the book here though
I ordered the Densecharger Full length system with the Carbon Fiber dress kit and the 85mm MAF meter.(Quality is great and with the Carbon Fiber dress kit looks awsome) Taking the old setup out was a cinch! Much easier to tear things out vs putting them together. Putting the new system in, from the TB to the MAF meter was also a cinch. Now from the other end of the meter to the filter is where I had minor technical difficulties...[:@] My setup did not come with the third elbow piece to allow the filter to point in the down position(inside the fender well) An addidum to my instructions said that this piece was left out due to the 85mm MAF meter.???(I'll call John at Densecharger to get an understanding on this-cool guy to work with) The filter was design to stick straight into the fender well which is where I caught it trying to connect the filter to the elbow going into the MAF meter and trying to install the Carbon Fiber plate... With this setup the carbon fiber plate has to be inplace before connection the filter to the elbow which was a major pain. I ended up putting it together without the cool looking plate. Now the results in power. This setup made my pony grow into a Stallion[sm=smiley4.gif] Feels much quicker on its feet coming out of the gate and much stronger in the torque arena. I did not do a dyno before or after cause of the money issue or lack there of, but I know she is much stronger. Great Bang for the Buck. Would highly recommend.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
kingsnake
2nd Gear Member

I am considering getting the same kit. My question is, with the 85mm MAF and the full length kit do you need a tune or larger injectors?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:10 PM
w11988
1st Gear Member

You won't need a tune or larger injectors. I believe the full kit from densecharger is calibrated well to work with your stock injectors.

Quick Reply: What realistic gains from Densecharger kit?