4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Borlas on and sounding mean

Old 08-31-2006, 01:41 AM
FRunner
1st Gear Member

Default Borlas on and sounding mean

I FINALLY got my borlas on tonight after having to wait a week for my clutch to get put in. The mechanic managed to brake an o2 sensor, have a hell of a time getting the tranny off, and was not able to find a clutch guide. Also, when I went to pic it up they were pulling it out of the garage and forgot that they didn't have any transmission fluid so I had to wait another 40 minutes for them to go get it and put it in. After waiting for so long it was just nice to get out of my mother's escape and back into the stang.

The borlas sound MEAN however and I just wish I could really get on it, but the clutch has to be broken in. I love them to death and can't wait to get a midpipe to compliment them.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:40 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Borlas on and sounding mean

what version borla?

I know a guy with a steeda cat-back with chambered mufflers, and I've been borla = steeda (same kit different names on them) and it sounds great.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:43 AM
FRunner
1st Gear Member

Stingers (agressive version). Ya, I love them.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:47 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FRunner

I FINALLY got my borlas on tonight after having to wait a week for my clutch to get put in. The mechanic managed to brake an o2 sensor, have a hell of a time getting the tranny off, and was not able to find a clutch guide. Also, when I went to pic it up they were pulling it out of the garage and forgot that they didn't have any transmission fluid so I had to wait another 40 minutes for them to go get it and put it in. After waiting for so long it was just nice to get out of my mother's escape and back into the stang.

The borlas sound MEAN however and I just wish I could really get on it, but the clutch has to be broken in. I love them to death and can't wait to get a midpipe to compliment them.
Holy hell, a week for a clutch? Yeah it's a PITA, but i got mine done in 2 days luckily...For $475 I was expecting my car back the same day lol
Btw, just be patient and break it in dude...U wont regret it...i went about 400 miles before I started hittin it...glad u like the exhaust too..
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

oh okay... well the chambered steeda/borlas sound good, I'm sure those stingers are that and then some.

Glad to hear your car is back in your hands. Dunno if I'd go back to that mechanic, a clutch in a week? The dealer techs where I work would have that job done in a day (assuming all parts are available)
Old 08-31-2006, 02:51 AM
FRunner
1st Gear Member

I'm still not completely sure what the deal was but 475?! Ouch! Why so much? Mine was only 300 and it was only that much because we split the difference on the o2 sensor. Those things break pretty easily so I wasn't too worried about it. He did a good job at least.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:55 AM
FRunner
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

oh okay... well the chambered steeda/borlas sound good, I'm sure those stingers are that and then some.

Glad to hear your car is back in your hands. Dunno if I'd go back to that mechanic, a clutch in a week? The dealer techs where I work would have that job done in a day (assuming all parts are available)
Thanks.

When I went in there a couple times the problem seemed to be A) He didn't have a functional lift and B) his mechanics seemed to suck at showing up. I went there last Sat to check up on it and he was steaming because his help didn't show up for some reason. He is a great guy and I want to believe he did everything he could because I genuinely like him. He did my buddies Stang07's in a day and a half so I think it was a combination of a lot of **** that just didn't allow for me to get my car back in a good time frame. I have it back now so I'm just happy everything is functional and running well.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:56 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

well maybe he was having a bad week. I guess I'd give him another shot in the future.

Car looks good and would love to hear some sound clips.

Best of luck with the car
Old 08-31-2006, 02:57 AM
TonySTiX
1st Gear Member

I paid a lot, but I'm in NY, everything is expensive, and I got the TOB replaced, pilot bearing, flywheel resurfaced, basically the whole nine yards- and the car drives like its new. So i guess it was worth it. Downside- no mods for a while, especially since I started school again...I hate overpriced books...******. [:@]
Old 08-31-2006, 02:59 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TonySTiX

I paid a lot, but I'm in NY, everything is expensive, and I got the TOB replaced, pilot bearing, flywheel resurfaced, basically the whole nine yards- and the car drives like its new. So i guess it was worth it. Downside- no mods for a while, especially since I started school again...I hate overpriced books...******. [:@]
Don't even get me started.... I know how that goes... ::sigh::

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borlas on and sounding mean