4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Intake Questions

Old 06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Default Intake Questions

HELP!!!![sm=smiley29.gif]

I am trying decide on my next purchase. I have read the Densecharger VS C&L posts, but wanted some opinions.

I had planned on a C&L MAM, Tru-Flow Inlet, and Accufab Plenum. I figured with my exhaust mods, it would be a decent set of mods to add. And before anyone says so, I have 4:10 gears scheduled to be installed in about 1.5 weeks.

My question is that I have been reading a lot of negative comments and some horror stories about the mods listed above. These have focused mainly on needing tunes afterwards, and running lean enough to hurt your motor.

I am not planning a tune for a while yet,(will wait untill I can get cams) but wondered if it is worth doing the above mentioned upgrades. I am open to all suggestions, but have an itchy trigger finger when making these decisions.

Thanks for any help.

Todd
Old 06-30-2004, 12:56 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Intake Questions

That sounds like a good combo. You likely won't run into any tuning problems with that setup - remember the CPU will adapt to most any change you make as long as its getting accurate information , just be sure to listen for pinging and increase the octane of your fuel if you get it. If you want CAI and a mass air meter upgrade, then be sure to ONLY use a straight through CAI design like C&L or a make sure the mass air meter you get is calibrated for your CAI (like the densecharger cai / maf kit).
Old 06-30-2004, 01:25 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Thanks MDValdosta,

You always come through. I really appreciate the help. I value your opinion, so I just placed an order for a complete system from Densecharger. I had a long talk with the owner and like the idea of a MAM bench calibrated with the rest of the set-up.

It will take about 1.5 weeks to get here. I am also planning to order my Accufab Plenum/70mm Accufab Throttle-body today.

I hope to see a nice difference with it all installed.

Todd
Old 06-30-2004, 02:52 PM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Hey MDValdosta,

I forgot to ask, have your cams got in yet? I also think I remember you saying that all 2002+ GT's had bolt on gears while models like mine were pressed on. I know I will not do cams for a bit yet, but I wonder if they will offer the cam and gear as a package.

The guy that sells the Densecharger told me that later as my mods grow such as cams and injectors, Pro-M could recalibrate my MAM to match.

I can't wait to get the Densecharger and Accufab stuff in.

Todd