4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Got screwed at a car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Got screwed at a car show

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Isn't this some BS? I was at a car show yesterday, and as we were coming in the guy asked if my car was "original". I said it was a original GT, what do you mean?

The guy was a real *****, saying something about I had "them mustang hubcaps" still or some ****, and they put me in the "original class".

Well, some little bitch in a 05/06 roush mustang started bitching about how I was way past stock, and should not be in the original class, etc etc etc. This is pretty funny, considering he had exhaust and a CAI (re: NOT STOCK). Anyways, they freaking made me move and go into the "street machines" class. Basically I got put up against a bunch of show cars (I use this term loosly. IMO show cars suck).

Anyways, so the 2 cars in my class that won were a V6 supercharged camaro from RKsport with a camera mounted on the bumper and a huge stereo system with subs etc, and a freaking scrolling markee in the back. The 1st place guy was a 96-97 V6 with a bunch of chrome on the engine bay, a 75 shot of nitrous, custom apolstered seats, a bunch of paint on the dash (acutally done fairly well) and a bunch of viynils all over the car that looked like running horses ripping out of the paint. He also had cobra symbols all over the car and basically tried to make it look like a cobra (he had a statue of a cobra raised up and ready to strike sitting in front of the car).

That one really pissed me off, cause here I am sitting next to him, and everyone keeps coming over and looking at his car and saying "ohh, look a cobra with nitrous" lol. Seriously, are people that dumb they cannot see the V6 under there. BTW, the guy claimed it was putting down 375 WHP . I want to see a non split port V6 making 375 WHP with just a 75 shot and a few small motor mods.

Honestly, when has it become the thing to do in a car show to have either a big gaudy body kit, or a bunch of bull**** like cameras, cheesy (and did I mention not properly setup?) sound systems and scrolling marquees? It seems like people have no respect for a clean setup anymore.

Not that I expected to place in the street machines. But there was a SIX HUNDRED HORSEPOWER 383 fbody sitting next to me (other side) with a cage, and a 200 shot on top of the 600, and the guy didn't place. I guess he needs to add a camera or something
And now you know why I hate car shows and stick to going to the track. If you don't have some gaudy body kit, neon lights and 50 stuffed animals in and around your car you don't win. 95% of the car show people never go to the track and yet think thier car is fast, but have no proof to back up thier outragious claims. PLUS you get to pay for the honor of hanging out with douch bags when you enter a car show. I'll stick to the track and the cruise nights, thanks.