4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mods needed to keep up with T/A's

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:46 PM
6charger8
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: mods needed to keep up with T/A's

Ford pisses me off. Too much money to get my 2v competative with stock ls1's.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Like stated a WS6 is basically the same as a regular Trans-AM. It just has ram air. If you can beat a regular trans am then you can probably beat a WS6. IMO, you need forced induction of some sort. You wont get it with bolt-ons. I hate to tell you, but if you ever find a T/A thats interested in racing, its more then likely not stock.

This is based on assuming that drivers are both equal.
thats not entirely true, they have different suspension and like a 10 or 15 hp increase, and some of them came with hurst shifters. the same goes for the z-28's ad ss camaros. i used to worship the t/a's the only reason i got a mustang is cuz i couldnt find a t/a for a resonable price with resonable miles. plus i was stuck with a pos v camaro i couldnt sell so i had to buy from a dealer
Old 09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: korn253

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Like stated a WS6 is basically the same as a regular Trans-AM. It just has ram air. If you can beat a regular trans am then you can probably beat a WS6. IMO, you need forced induction of some sort. You wont get it with bolt-ons. I hate to tell you, but if you ever find a T/A thats interested in racing, its more then likely not stock.

This is based on assuming that drivers are both equal.
thats not entirely true, they have different suspension and like a 10 or 15 hp increase, and some of them came with hurst shifters. the same goes for the z-28's ad ss camaros. i used to worship the t/a's the only reason i got a mustang is cuz i couldnt find a t/a for a resonable price with resonable miles. plus i was stuck with a pos v camaro i couldnt sell so i had to buy from a dealer
I was speaking in terms of power. But yes some do come with Hurst shifters.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

With full bolt ons with cams, gears, and DR's. I put three cars on a WS6 w/o nitrous. I just cant wait till a WS6 gets the ***** to race me now.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Bring em on bitches, lol. SC it baby. I'll run em all. I don't care who it is. If I lose I lose. I'm always up for a good race, but prefer to take it to the track, which I still need to do. I hope I make it before years end so I can back up my baby.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang2000

Bring em on bitches, lol. SC it baby. I'll run em all. I don't care who it is. If I lose I lose. I'm always up for a good race, but prefer to take it to the track, which I still need to do. I hope I make it before years end so I can back up my baby.
That will work until they supercharge theirs, we r pretty much going to be screwed no matter wut, cuz we can mod our cars and beat there stock cars, but if they do modding, then they already have a better headstart
Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 PM
BADSEED
3rd Gear Member

full bolt-ons,50 shot and a good driver
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

see my mods in my sig minus the cams i beat a ls1 camaro with exhaust and a lid from 0-70 and then he started to catch me. drag radials make a huge difference. as for a stock ws-6 i raced on the other day on the highway from 60-110 and i had about a half a car on him. then my 4th gear topped out and i let off. the T/A flew by me like an ***. lol
Old 09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

See the thing is i complain and rant and so on. But with a couple bucks (well a grand or so) we can keep up with a car that has an engice with 1.1 liters of extra displacement. Doesn't seem like much, until you think about it this way. They have an extra motorcycle engine, technically, under the hood. They better be able to freaking beat us. If Ford were to put a 5.7, well knowing ford, it'd be a 5.8 into our cars. We WOULD bang on camaro's and t/a's all day long.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

not to mention that those ls1 heads are amazing, and theres so many other things about the ls1 enigne that makes it better than the 4.6l, not to mention the chevy small block has been around for so long the pretty much have it perfected

Quick Reply: mods needed to keep up with T/A's