4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

my future mod list for 04 Cobra

Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default my future mod list for 04 Cobra

Well... I've been doing quite a bit of research and I think I've come up with a pretty decent mod list. I just thought I would share this with everyone and see if there is any comments or advice from the board on what I've listed. Heres what I have so far...

Performance mods

2.2L Kenne Bell Supercharger
Bassani Catback
MRT catted H mid-pipe
MGW Short Throw Shifter
H&R Sport Springs
BilletFlow IRS Brace
JLT CAI
Steeda 2.93 Upper Pulley
Diablosport Predator Tuner
Fluidyne Heat Exchanger
Fluidyne Radiator
LFP or Fluidyne (if they make it) Intercooler
Steeda Subframe connectors

Exterior Mods

Steeda Shorty Antenna

Front- 17x9 Bullitt Chrome Rims
Back- 17x10.5 DD Bullitt Chrome Rims

Front- 275/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires
Back- 315/35/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires

99-04 Chrome Headlights

This is what I have on the list for now. I'm still huntin for a Cobra so if it already has some of this stuff on it, I'll modify my list. What do you... pretty good start? Actually, that would be all that I would do cuz thats a good chunck of money... I would be happy to stop there. Anything I might've forgot or might run into an issue with? What kind of number do you think this would put down?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: my future mod list for 04 Cobra

First of all def not goodyear eagle F1 tires...most overated and expensive pos tires ever. And with the KB you are goiing to NEED drag radials.

Secondly, the KB will need a ton of supporting mods to go with it (new fuel pumps, maybe a bap, etc, etc) so figure that in.

Third, might want to think of a different spring...those SS's will allow for NO weight transfer which mean NO traction with that amount of power. Eibach sports or something similar might be a better choice even though you are sacrificing looks a little.

fourth and final. If you plan on hitting the track with anything better than street tires with that 2.6 KB you are going to need alot more upgrades on that irs!

Good Luck!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and CUSTOM TUNE...predator is not gonna cut it when installing a mod list like that (kb)

wish I had your money.

$25,000 for the cobra, plus that's like $15,000 + in mods!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:42 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

First of all def not goodyear eagle F1 tires...most overated and expensive pos tires ever. And with the KB you are goiing to NEED drag radials.

Secondly, the KB will need a ton of supporting mods to go with it (new fuel pumps, maybe a bap, etc, etc) so figure that in.

Third, might want to think of a different spring...those SS's will allow for NO weight transfer which mean NO traction with that amount of power. Eibach sports or something similar might be a better choice even though you are sacrificing looks a little.

fourth and final. If you plan on hitting the track with anything better than street tires with that 2.6 KB you are going to need alot more upgrades on that irs!

Good Luck!
What tires would you recommend? I probably wouldn't go with drag radials cuz I would be driving it almost everyday. The KB is something I've been kicking around for a little so I'm set in stone on what I'm gonna do. I was doing a price check on everything that I listed and came up with right at $9.5k. Of course add the install bill on that. When you said a custom tune, would a good shop do that for me so i could bypass getting a tuner? That is unless I can get a tuner from the person I buy the car off with.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:46 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

I may just port the Eaton with a Stage III or IV instead of the 2.6L KB.... haven't really made up my mind on it.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

there are good tuners all over...just have to find them....most good performance shops have a tuner, or are affiliated with one that will come in and tune.

Basically you have to figure out what you want the car to be.

If you want it to be a total track beast then you def want KB, whipple, or turbo.

If you want a fast street car with a little less expense then port the eaton and hit it with a 60 shot.

My mustang "club" has an eaton car with a 60 shot and a whipple car both consistently running mid 10s so it can be done either way. The club I'm referring to is a local stang forum (www.svtsnake.com). Those guys know ALOT more than I do about the cobras.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:06 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

This would be a street car no doubt... maybe takin it to the track every once in while. So not many people that have KB's are not street? I kinda thought that they could be used either way... but thats why I'm asking questions cuz I'm new to using a supercharger, I can use all the help that I can get.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

they are used on the street all the time...it's tough for a DD i would think though.

600+ wrhp does not make for a great daily driver.

the biggest factors are BUDGET and GOALS for the car. If you have the budget then def go twinscrew.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:33 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Another option that I've thought about was to buy a good used 2.2L KB from someone since they dont make them anymore if I really wanted a KB. But I don't know if this would be wise or not.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:03 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i agree, with milliock, that with the supercharger ur gonna need a very sticky tire, otherwise that 600+ is gonna go up in smoke behind ur car. im actually a die hard KB fan but me i decided to go with a turbo, a local shop quoted me 8k for a twin setup, installed and everything. ull get more power with less parasidic loss than a s/c. u might check into that route. but either way its an awesome amount of power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my future mod list for 04 Cobra