4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I can't believe I'm gonna do this!!!!!

Old 09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I can't believe I'm gonna do this!!!!!

Another big one is to use stage 8 locking header bolts. I have them and I love them, physically impossible for the bolts to loosen
Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

70mach1, you bastard

as much as i would like to feel sorry for you having 2 new Mustangs one being a bullit nonetheless, and having to 'go through all this hard work to get exactly waht you want, so that you AND your wife are happy', and believe me, i really do want to feel sorry for you,,

i just cant get myself to do so when i cant afford **** for my car cause of school, insurance, and other random bull

(not that you need anyoen to feel sorry for you)

good luck, and have fun with all you work and swappign and whatever else you and your wife decide to do..lol..later
Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

72 Mach One,
YOU RAT BASTARD! I would of killed to have a mustang (in any condition) in HS or College! I ran ratty old Fords (rotted out Fairlane/Galaxies that I purchased for $200. in school. I just bought that '04 last year at the age of 49. My wife and middle son had Mustangs before me! The car I desired however, is the '70 Mach I, I bought as a rotted out wreck. I've just about finished replacing all it's rotted panels. I sat in that same car at 16 and it blew my mind! I knew some day I would have one, let's see that dream took 35 years to materialize, and some day, I might even drive it! I've learned life teaches patience. Good luck in your pursuits friend!

John
Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twister

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Why don't you just put LTs on the bullitt?
not legal for any street driven vehicle in the United States that came with smog equipment...
He is gonna put them on his GT....

If you don't have smog testing, who cares?

More importantly, if you can pay some guy 50 bucks for a 7 dollar inspection and get a tag anyway, who cares
just wait....bet you that in 5 years, the EPA will mandate that all cars will have to be inspected....they already use CA smog laws as federal law...
I doubt that they will get into that.

Besides, where does it say that LTs are illegal anyway? You can get a car with LTs to pass a sniffer test, what difference does it make?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:22 PM
joshafmil
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 70 MACH I

Takliking to the wife this morning about our Mustangs and what I have learned about the mods I have done to my GT, and what shortcomings we have with her Bullitt. We both agree that putting shorty headers, midpipe, and catback VASTLY improved the power of my GT. Most interesting, I put the shorties on first, and I noticed my car ROLLED in fifth when you let off the gas. Previously, it engine braked, it felt like the park brake dragged. adding the X and cat back improved it more!. In the morning, when we leave my car fast idles at 1000rpm, I go down our gravel farm road in 2nd gear and don't touch the gas for 1/2 mile. My car travels at 15mph, her Bullitt, same fast idle, same gears, 10 mph. My car makes more power even at fast idle. BTW, with the present exhaust mods, my car gets 3 mpg better than the Bullitt! So here is what we decided:

Take my shorties off, put them on Bullitt, buy MRT catted "H" install on Bullitt, install my cat-back on her car

Install SLP ceramic LT's on my car, keep SLP catted "X", install SLP Loud mouth 2's on my car

I can't F#%KING believe that I'm willing to go through the header agony 2 times again! Somebody take a .44MAG and blow my head off, please!

John

the only time i feel a drag on my engine, is when it gets below 50mph (for 5th). since i have stock gearing, we all know anything slower then 50 in 5th is bad for the engine anyway. i never have a problem with it on the highway. my car rolles just fine
Old 09-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Cornbread01
4th Gear Member

i did the headers myself and it wasnt as bad as ppl say it is just some points were no fun.... there were about 3 bolts that were a pain in the a$$ to get in and tightin other than that went fine
Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Why don't you just put LTs on the bullitt?
not legal for any street driven vehicle in the United States that came with smog equipment...
He is gonna put them on his GT....

If you don't have smog testing, who cares?

More importantly, if you can pay some guy 50 bucks for a 7 dollar inspection and get a tag anyway, who cares
just wait....bet you that in 5 years, the EPA will mandate that all cars will have to be inspected....they already use CA smog laws as federal law...
I doubt that they will get into that.

Besides, where does it say that LTs are illegal anyway? You can get a car with LTs to pass a sniffer test, what difference does it make?
to get technical, you are not aloud to touch your cats on your car if they are still working and you arent aloud to move your cats either. lt's move your cats back. not like they would notice but thats what it says in the book. you cant replace or touch your cats if they are in working order or some bogus **** like that. i just said screw it and did all out illegal with o/r h and lt's. o btw this is in jersey.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:35 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

Where in the book?