4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

"Value" blower kits vs the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: "Value" blower kits vs the real deal

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

You can run 30# injectors in my aplication.

& I'm shooting to not go too high because I don't feel like buyina new tranny.

God...it's like talking to a brick wall. Just there's 30 rooks in the way with their heads up their asses being sold on what is being marketed to them.

This is ****ing stupid. This is like a "MPH or bust" convo. & it all started because someone (2000GT4.6) who I have NEVER even met before seems to have an overwhelming interest in my purchases.
Nobody is arguing about your injectors not being enough to supply your car.

Your transmission will not have problems with 350 or 400+ WHP. The problem is powershifting/speedshifitng. Trust me, this is something I have personal experence with (2 t-45 dead from hard shifting).

I have mentioned twice on this page that its not just MPH or bust, but its mustang shop > generic shop.

This post is also not directed at you. Your kit was the motivation for starting this post, but you notice that you were the one that made it apparent to everyone.....

If you don't like tech threads in 4.6, and beileve that "this site is for entertainment purposes only" then thats fine, but some people do reliy on it for information.

Also, as I told you before, nobody "marketed" MPH's supercharger kit to me. I did the research, and picked the best kit I could for what I could afford. Its just too bad you bought an inferior kit for nearly the same price ....
Old 09-09-2006, 01:20 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

this is my point...you run 38's at say 12 psi....6mo's later<a week for me ...you want say 17 psi...now you'd want 42's or melt motor if tune can't reach desired a/f

I'm planning on running 8 psi. So should be fine. This is nothing that I have jumped into overnight. Again...I'm sure tim's kit is great and all. I have just decided to go another route.

And when you've got read-a-zine over here telling you you "NEED THE MAF & 42# injectors & you not only did you just waste $4,000, but you also blew your engine" It makes you want to punch him in the ****ing mouth.

Just pisses me off when people say "why did you buy that kit?" Then I explain to them, and they continue to harass me.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:29 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

i think you both have mass confusion here...you and you only know what your goals are sooooo....i totally understand ...i hear people at where i used to tune my car always say..man get this or that..."why"?...but at the same token when somebody says man get this,because this is what happened or don't i listen and ask questions
Old 09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

this is my point...you run 38's at say 12 psi....6mo's later<a week for me ...you want say 17 psi...now you'd want 42's or melt motor if tune can't reach desired a/f

I'm planning on running 8 psi. So should be fine. This is nothing that I have jumped into overnight. Again...I'm sure tim's kit is great and all. I have just decided to go another route.

And when you've got read-a-zine over here telling you you "NEED THE MAF & 42# injectors & you not only did you just waste $4,000, but you also blew your engine" It makes you want to punch him in the ****ing mouth.

Just pisses me off when people say "why did you buy that kit?" Then I explain to them, and they continue to harass me.
wow. Simply wow.

Do you even read the posts that respond to you?

Hell, do you even read your own posts? Or do you just randomly put letters together and hope it makes you look good.

Nobody has once said that you will "blow your engine" or that the 38s arn't big enough.

I am not gonna contiue to argue with you. You just cannot get it into your head that you bought a kit with less options and less potential than one that is basically the same price.

You are going to make less WHP with your kit, even at 8 psi on both, than a kit from MPH or another kit like it. Your kit has less potential to make horsepower down the road, and it is not as complete. It also comes with inferior parts like a plastic intake from the blower to the throttle body, and you have to go out and source a tune and other parts from a local shop.

But you saved almost 200 bucks !!! Woot
Old 09-09-2006, 01:39 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

wow. Simply wow.

Do you even read the posts that respond to you?

Hell, do you even read your own posts? Or do you just randomly put letters together and hope it makes you look good.

Nobody has once said that you will "blow your engine" or that the 38s arn't big enough.

I am not gonna contiue to argue with you. You just cannot get it into your head that you bought a kit with less options and less potential than one that is basically the same price.

You are going to make less WHP with your kit, even at 8 psi on both, than a kit from MPH or another kit like it. Your kit has less potential to make horsepower down the road, and it is not as complete. It also comes with inferior parts like a plastic intake from the blower to the throttle body, and you have to go out and source a tune and other parts from a local shop.

But you saved almost 200 bucks !!! Woot
Your an idiot. You know my figures, and you know it's not a $200 difference.

Thing is, I did listen. I listened from here & about 3 other forums. This being the least helpful because of people like yourself stuck on your (need 42's...need MAF.) Best advice I got was through a local chicago board. Through analyzing my options I decided this would be the best route for me. I'm not stuck in butt **** saint louis bro. i have options of where to take my car to to get the tune. Sucks your in the sticks w/ noplace to go for a tune...but you need to realize it's not like that everywhere you go.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

enjoy your kit. Also enjoy paying for a retune when you go with a bigger maf to make more power. same with the injectors when you up the boost.

also enjoy making less power on xxx PSI because you are sucking it thru the pittly little stock MAF.

Enjoy chicago i guess too.

The "bigger differece" you are talking about, aka your shop is giving you a "deal" on your gear install, is a joke. 200 bucks on a gear install is NOT a deal. You said they quoted you 450 bucks for LABOR alone before they gave you the discount for getting the tune thru them?? Like I told ya, 450 is total rape for a gear install. 200 bucks is a TYPICAL install price.

Plain and simple, this post is not about you. It is about letting other people not make the mistake of trying to go cheap on a blower kit and getting less for basically the same money. It is already too late for you...
Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

But I don't want to make more power...that's what you don't seem to understand, I want to be at 350. Why do I want to be at 350??? Because I do. I set a platform for where I want to be...and I took the appropriate steps to get there. You seem to think that I just up and decided to make this major purchase. w/o looking into my options. See, I'm not going into the gear thing because I'm not going to sit here and defend MY route to take with MY car.

Bottom line is, everyone will not make the same decision as you. This doesn't make them bad decisions, just different.

Are you this "persistant" in real life?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:56 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

So basically your argument is...

That you could make more power by spending virutally the same amount, and you could have gotten a much better kit for the same amount of money, but you don't want to get a better kit, and you don't want to make more power.

Congradulations. You just proved the entire point of my thread.

I am done. seriously, talking to you gives me a headache.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:59 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Did you miss my whole part about decisions and how they will sometimes differ from yours??? Because I have a hard time believing I am the first to lecture you on this.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

2000GT4.6 just posted this thread to let people know what the difference and advantages of a quality supercharger kit is over the "value" supercharger kits. He was not specifically talking to you telling you that you should've gone the other route. If you're happy with your 350hp good for you, stop bitching. I know if I were to spend $4-6k (including install) on a blower, I would definitely not be satisfied with 350rwhp. And the ironic thing is, you were complaining about him harrassing you when now it seems like you are harassing him.