4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

need help desperate / handling driving ME nutz

Old 09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

Default need help desperate / handling driving ME nutz

Sorry to bring this up again, but im tired of the way my car handles, this happened since i hit a curb in JAN with both right side tires, sinice then i bought new rims, tires, inner and outer tire rides, aligned the car about 4 times in different places, aligment wise they tell me every thing is perfect, handleing has gotten much better but not wat it was b4 the lil accident, i brought this up to one of my friends today, he mentioned that my sway bars might be broken becuase it sounds like i have "BODY ROLL", my front end feels sord of springy, wobblely, floating up in the air, when i hit a hit those dips or bumps in the freeway it moves alot or even when i down shift hard for a take off, it causes me to over steer and under steer at times, some times it feels heavery that usual in turns some times really light its driving me nutz.

so my question is could this be caused by broker sway bays / body braces ?
if so were exactly are they located in the car, and what do you guys recomend i buy? brands? sizes??

any other sugestions what maybe causing this behavior on the car?

yeah i know ill stop hitting curbz, it was only once!! :-(
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 PM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need help desperate / handling driving ME nutz

any one??? :-(
Old 09-10-2006, 01:23 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

BUMP
Old 09-10-2006, 03:26 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

OK ONE LAST TRY ! :-) any one?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:37 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

does it feel like your front end is up to high or something? do you have spings and shocks? c/c plates? lol i just hit a curb the other day.. barely im so fkn sad i scruffed my 18in saleen.. =/ theres nothing i can do about that, that u know of? huh lol?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:03 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

does it feel like your front end is up to high or something? do you have spings and shocks? c/c plates? lol i just hit a curb the other day.. barely im so fkn sad i scruffed my 18in saleen.. =/ theres nothing i can do about that, that u know of? huh lol?

lol not about that man :-(

yeah the car feels like the front is just floating and moving from side to side feels wierd aligngment shops cant find ne thign wrong with it my car has eibach springs, and the camber things lol it was perfect till the curb so now im wondering like my friend said is it body roll? i need to know were the sway bars are located so i can look at them i know my 94 stang were easy to find but i dint see them on the 03 just by keenling down and checking
Old 09-10-2006, 05:24 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03blkstang

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

lol not about that man :-(

yeah the car feels like the front is just floating and moving from side to side feels wierd aligngment shops cant find ne thign wrong with it my car has eibach springs, and the camber things lol it was perfect till the curb so now im wondering like my friend said is it body roll? i need to know were the sway bars are located so i can look at them i know my 94 stang were easy to find but i dint see them on the 03 just by keenling down and checking

Oh Boy........

Get down there young man and you'll see the sway bars. One in the front. One in the rear. Last time I checked, body roll only happens when you're turning.
If your car is "wandering" when you drive in a straight line, it is not body roll. Kick your friend in the nuts for me.
It could be a number of things. Do you have any play in the steering?
Old 09-10-2006, 05:45 AM
03blkstang
2nd Gear Member

yeah a little, i know were the sway bars are at now i look at a pic of my car i took from underneath a while back i just dint see them the 1st tiem i looked at the pic
honestly teh bodyroll those seem to be one of the problems at least how it was described in several websites i read, but yeah theirs a bit of play at the streering wheel and the car pulls slightly to teh right

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

Oh Boy........

Get down there young man and you'll see the sway bars. One in the front. One in the rear. Last time I checked, body roll only happens when you're turning.
If your car is "wandering" when you drive in a straight line, it is not body roll. Kick your friend in the nuts for me.
It could be a number of things. Do you have any play in the steering?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:38 AM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

H'mmm if you hit hard enough you could have damaged your inner tie rod end, which is under the boot in the rack, that socket joint is nylon lined and is very durable...........except under a heavy hit. That would definitely cause wandering. The good news is it's easy to replace on a Mustang, not so on a Mercury Sable, don't ask me how I know!

John
Old 09-10-2006, 02:33 PM
FRunner
1st Gear Member

When I hit a curb in my Focus(damn you Illinois winters, damn you straight to hell) I managed to fark up my tie rod and it sounds like yours is doing similar things to what mine did. Maybe get that checked out?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help desperate / handling driving ME nutz