4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mission Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mission Possible??

Damnit i wish i didnt chime in so late. Lemme get this strait, your friend paid 40 grand for a car that went 30k new??? My friend just bought a 00 ss fully loaded 25k mi. for $20k. (He coulda paid 18 but hes a moron)

"i bogged a little on take off and screeched in 2nd but was 1/2 car length ahead of him in 1st and 2nd. he pulled from me but then i started to gain on him in 4th and actually pulled ahead of him before we slowed down!"

and

"he is running drag radials and i am running shi**y General brand tires--so the traction comment would be in his favor, not mine."

Go ahead and get offended i call MAJOR BULL ****. Or he must be the worst driver in the world. If he has drs you just lost the only place where you would keep up, the start. And once he got going he should of waved good bye.

"how the hell am i reeling him in when we are both at WOT?"

Its a v6 with ss badging.

"alright, let me clear things up...as i stated in my first post, the car is BRAND NEW...it has less than 1000 miles on the odometer. it was sitting on the new car lot along w/ 5 other 02-03 f bodies that no one was buying. all of them brand spanking new."

Once again MAJOR Bull ****. People would flock to buy those, as soon as they were advertised they would be gone.

"he just lost $17,000 in one week"

Tell your friend to stop breathing please.

"And i'm sure all of us can get along if people didn't have such huge egos"

Your accusing people of having egos??? Looks like you got quite an ego:

"Imagine the look on my buddy's face when my $10,000 gt pulled away from his $39,000 ss." and
"i'm just saying that maybe my car is a freak...maybe a BIG FREAK" and
"i bashed him for turning on us mustang guys" and
" told him w/ the $39,000 he spent, he coulda got a badass cobra but now he's paying the price" and
"What a bang for the buck huh? he just lost $17,000 in one week and got beat by a piddly $10,000 gt w/ "no real mods" and
"i taught him a lesson lol and now he's back."

"Geez...is this a bashfest on my car?"

YES

"I know that my gt cannot beat all ls1s"

Your car shouldnt beat any good running well driven ls1s.

I give props to intruderls1, if i were an ls1 owner id be a lot more heated.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:24 AM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

i truly give up. I am not going to reply to any more people not believing me b/c it's not worth my time anymore. Its basically childish to try to argue anymore w/ people on this subject. I've already explained everything there possibly is to explain and thats it. Its like deja vu all over again.

Hey, if you don't believe me, i really don't care, but don't try starting anything w/me b/c everyone else already brought up all of the things you just posted and we're finished with it. I replied to everything you just stated so don't bother wasting your time posting questions again b/c all your answers are within the 3 pages of this thread and i'm not gonna bother replying to old questions buddy.

You win, mach1, i am totally lying and everything i said was bogus...now do you believe me?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:36 AM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

And another thing to everyone that doubts me especially you mach1, what gives you the right to tell someone they didn't beat someone. Obviously my car has some work done to it that is not visually noticeable because from what you gentlemen say i shouldn't be beating anyone. Once i get the cash for the dyno, i'll settle this. But in the meantime mach1, don't get your pannies in a wad.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

You beat a ls1 with drs in a lightly modded gt....BS
Old 07-13-2004, 02:33 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

ROTFLMAO!!!! Hey Mach, don't bother buddy. "That tree's done been barked up" to borrow yet another old expression from my old boss. I did have a question to post when I came on tonight, but now I'll just ask you. How would your Mach I do against my 2000 Z? I've got a buddy w/ one, but he won't race it. It's an '03 with less than 700 miles on it. He only drives it on Wednesdays, and takes it home at luch so it doesn't have to sit in the sun all day. [sm=smiley29.gif] I know what the numbers say, but it's hard to get non-biased numbers these days. Ford guys say Mach, and GM guys say Z.... What is your thought on it? Thanks. And Nick, you really do need to get some numbers for us to chew on. If I were you, I'd have your old man take you and a case of cold ones down to the race shop, and get them to drive it. Tell them it's stock, and they'll probably want to dyno it for free. LOL [sm=smiley20.gif]

Oh, and Mach... Thanks for the nice words. [sm=smiley20.gif] Later on man.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Well, when me and my buddy race with his 00ss i only have a chance from a dig or slow roll. Seems like my car is geared better and it feels a bit lighter, but hes got a lid and catback and some other free mods so hes prolly pushing close to 320 at the wheels. If we go from the freeway, 60ish its pretty close, up into 100 then he starts to pull, by 120 he really starts to pull. His car i think is a little better for drag racing, but i got the 13" brakes and my suspension is a little stiffer. If you lived close by id give you a run. I was about to buy an fbody, but then i saw i could get a NEW mach for 23 so the stang it was. But i think both are really awsome cars. My firend and i like to think of ourselves on the same team, 2 american muscle cars together against the ricers.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:56 PM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, that's how we tend to look at it too. You're right about the Mach being stiffer in the chassis. I've got some SFC's now, but they're not as good as what you're getting stock. And the 13" breaks will be my next big mod. The stock GM breaks are okay for everyday driving, but just dont stand a chance if you're going to race them. I've gone through 3 sets of rotors already. Where is martinez anyway? It's got to be up north somewhere? .... LOL Like what isn't compared to San Diego though?! Have a good one.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Martinez is about 30 miles east of SF. Without traffic its a good 10 hours from SD.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:27 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

LOL Okay then.... rain check it is on that race.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member