4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sept. 11...5 years later

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 09:25 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sept. 11...5 years later

I will never forgett the day it happened, i was in 4th period spanish class in 8th grade. A lady came in and said that 2 planes just hit the twin towers in New York.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:48 PM
40thGT
1st Gear Member

being in my 1st year in the military, also my 1st year since sept. 11th, I have a deeper respect for all those who die for this country and for the cause of this country, much love and respect to all.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Hyper00
3rd Gear Member

I was stationed in S. Korea when I first heard. It was morning time for me there. I had just waken up and thought it was a joke until I turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit. Horrible.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:39 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

My heart goes out to everyone who lost their lives that day. To all the heroes, firemen, military, police and everyone else that day, we all love you.

I was driving a truck for a local alcohol distributor and was waiting and my 2nd or 3rd stop for the day. I started about 5 am that morning and it was in Monticello, IL where I was stopped. I was pissed because I like to get my work done and keep moving. The guy who opens the store was late and I was fuming. THEN he came to the store and I was mumbling stuff under my breath, me and a beer guy was there waiting by then, and the dude says you guys gotta come see this. I had briefly heard something about it on the radio, but wasn't paying attention.

He mentioned something about the towers and planes hitting and I was like(under my breath, WTF is this guy talking about, I've got sh*it to do) We went upstairs to his office and he turned on tv and me him, and the beer guy were like WTF as we just stood there in shock. So much sh*it started rolling through my head it was crazy. And yes by then my mood changed and I swallowed my hurry up and get sh*it done pride(what a dick I was) The image of them replaying it over and over was overwhelming, I don't think emotions set in till later on down the road. Of course I got a call from my local branch and bsaically said do what you can to finish the route. Since they understood everyone's emotions rolling that day. Of course everyone knows of plenty of liquor stores that just happen to be run by foreigners along wtih gas stations.

I immediately choose NOT to deliver anything to the 10 plus stops I knew where they were all located. EVERYWHERE I went some people had heard and others didn't unitl they found out. I think driving the whole day I was still in shock. I still didn't get back till 7-8 pm that night.

What a fu*cked up deal. It's been hard for me ever since to trust any foreigners, although I've gotten better. In fact I have a couple that run a Blimpies here in town that are the greatest people to talk with.

Anywho, long enough, GOD BLESS all the families, heroes and to the military for putting their lives on the line for the mother fu*ckers.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=patriot.gif]

Old 09-11-2006, 11:57 PM
JT76

this kinda gave me a chill.........

"Two thousand one, nine eleven
Three thousand plus arrive in heaven
As they pass through the gate,
Thousands more appear in wait
A bearded man with stovepipe hat
Steps forward saying, "Lets sit, lets chat"

They settle down in seats of clouds
A man named Martin shouts out proud
"I have a dream!" and once he did
The Newcomer said, "Your dream still lives."

Groups of soldiers in blue and gray
Others in khaki, and green then say
"We're from Bull Run, Yorktown, the Maine"
The Newcomer said, "You died not in vain."

From a man on sticks one could hear
"The only thing we have to fear.
The Newcomer said, "We know the rest,
trust us sir, we've passed that test."

"Courage doesn't hide in caves
You can't bury freedom, in a grave,"
The Newcomers had heard this voice before
A distinct Yankees twang from Hyannisport shores

A silence fell within the mist
Somehow the Newcomer knew that this
Meant time had come for her to say
What was in the hearts of the five thousand plus that day

"Back on Earth, we wrote reports,
Watched our children play in sports
Worked our gardens, sang our songs
Went to church and clipped coupons
We smiled, we laughed, we cried, we fought
Unlike you, great we're not"

The tall man in the stovepipe hat
Stood and said, "Don't talk like that!
Look at your country, look and see
You died for freedom, just lik e me"

Then, before them all appeared a scene
Of rubbled streets and twisted beams
Death, destruction, smoke and dust
And people working just 'cause they must

Hauling ash, lifting stones,
Knee deep in hell, but not alone
"Look! Blackman, Whiteman, Brownman, Yellowman
Side by side helping their fellow man!"

So said Martin, as he watched the scene
"Even from nightmares, can be born a dream."

Down below three firemen raised
The colors high into ashen haze
The soldiers above had seen it before
On Iwo Jima back in '45

The man on sticks studied everything closely
Then shared his perceptions on what he saw mostly
"I see pain, I see tears,
I see sorrow -- but I don't see fears."

"You left behind husbands and wives
Daughters and sons and so many lives
are suffering now because of this wrong
But look very closely. You're not really gone.

All of those people, even t hose who've never met you
All of their lives, they'll never forget you
Don't you see what has happened?
Don't you see what you've done?
You've brought them together, together as one.

With that the man in the stovepipe hat said
"Take my hand," and from there he led
three thousand plus heroes, Newcomers to heaven
On this day, two thousand one, nine eleven.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:11 AM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98HossGT

was in my freshman year of high school now im in my second year of college, whew what a long time ago and it seems like yesterday
f
Yup I was 14, and in my earth science class when my teacher turned of the lights, and turned on the tv... the whole class went silent, as we watched the news and saw the burning towers... and slowly but surely we began talking again, but not about what we did last night, but what's going to happen next. now 5 years later, as I look out at store fronts, and houses I don't see half as many as American flags that I saw that day... and I just hope that we haven't forgotten our pride and what we've not only lost, but gained the day the towers fell, the pentagon was hit, and the brave souls managed to crash the plane in a field rather than taking out another national landmark.... what we have gained was a sense of patriotism for America, but also fear that if this can happen to us, than what can happen to the world? We all thought we were invincible until that day, and shortly after we hid in fear of terrorist attacks, and strengthened our nation through security.... but now 5 years later we are starting to turn into what we were before that day, and God willing we will not be struck down again... becuase we are what the japanese feared in WWII.... a sleeping giant, and once again we were awakened by a purposeful attack, on our own soil, and for that we are striking back in full force....

God bless thoughs who have died during 9/11/01, those who've lost loved ones, those who have died overseas, and those who our fighting over in the mid-east right now.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:56 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I can not even begin to imagine what it would have been like to be there.

I mean, you're standing there, look up when you hear a plane coming in low and all of the sudden the freaking thing nails this huge building. I don't even know how I would have reacted. There is no way you could know exactly waht you would do.

Then, youre standing there trying to figure it out, in astonishment, you hear it again, and there goes a second plane.
I think it would be right about that time that I would have said "oh my freaking god, all those people just died. while i was standing here watching.. what in the holy hell is going on"

its unfathomable to think about that, and then, those buildings tumbling down..

i was sitting in class, just watching this building smoking thinking, , bomb????

then i remember seeing that second plane come out of freaking NOWHERE and more fire... just think, if you were on that plane, or in those buildings just watching, knowing that in one instant, you were going to die, along with everyone near you...

the quick sad horrified thoughts of their families.. thier friends,, themselves....

[&o] if i saw my death about to happen in an instant,, i dont even know what i would say, what i would think. or if i'd just close my eyes and thank God for giving me the life i had lived, the people i had loved, and everything i'd ever experianced...
Old 09-12-2006, 03:34 AM
stangarang
2nd Gear Member

i was getting ready to go to basic training. my brother and i heard the news from a friend we knew and my jaw dropped. i couldn't stop staring at the screen. it's still hard to watch the videos and see the pics. my heart goes out to all the familes. i had the chance to see ground zero about 2 years ago.... i still couldn't believe my eyes. but i'm glad that America is not forgetting this day, and i hope we never do. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS, and God bless america.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
03fireredstang
2nd Gear Member

i was a senior at a private christian school and for some reason the principle got the whole school into the gym and told us the news..something that brought chills to my bones..my first reaction was shock and disbelief..then anger towards whoever did it. later that year in december a group of us went to new york city to minister to the homeless and we were able to go to ground zero. i remember walking up the street and the first thing that i saw was the skeleton of the buildings and all of us just started crying. it is something that i wont forget and none of us should forget. God bless those who perished we will never forget.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Poobs
3rd Gear Member

It was the most beautifull clear day ............. I was at work on LI getting breakfast at the caff.

Someone said that a plane had hit one of the towers. I tought of a little cessna bouncing off the wall of the building.

The rest is a blurr, people trying to watch TV from the conference rooms to see what was going on, some went home,

When we came outside later that day we could smell the pungent odor.

One of the clearest memories is of seeing a little american flag that had fallen off a car laying by the side of the road. It gave me so much pain to see it laying there in tatters.

Later that week riding my mower over the yard I stopped and looked up at the sky, I tought about the little baby inside my wife and asked GOD to take him back. I said; God I don't know how to protect him......

Quick Reply: Sept. 11...5 years later