4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

It is time!!

Old 09-13-2006, 12:25 AM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: It is time!!

od off, trac off, rev it up then let off the break and floor it

should get some sticky tires too, they will help alot

but low 14s are possible on a great day with a good driver

a few more mods and you can get 13s
Old 09-13-2006, 12:58 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

You couldnt use the track until you were 18? Where I am its 16. I haven't been to the track yet, I want to though. I borrowed my friends Vector Accelerometer that I plug into the cigarette lighter, it times 0-60 and 1/4 mile and all that good stuff, I haven't had a good open strip of road to try it on though yet. I'd rather just go to the track once I get new tires. But I need to really practice.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:01 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

do you guys think if its hot and humid, should i take my passenger headlight off?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:09 AM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

i have that setup almost like ur im gonna be 20 in 8 days but still to this day havent took it on the track. i have a 2002 auto i love it 30 series flows 373 and air silencer remove so i have heard stock mustang should be in mid 14 my goal by the end of the yr is to get in the 13 without nitrous or sc
Old 09-13-2006, 01:15 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

do you guys think if its hot and humid, should i take my passenger headlight off?
don't think it'll make a significan't difference.

take out your spare tire and jack. concentrate on doing a nice short burnout, have the A/C and stereo OFF, put it in neutral and rev it up as you press on the brake as hard as u can, then put it in drive and hold the brake and get the rpm's up, then on green mash the gas as u ditch the brakes and just MAKE SURE TO KEEP IT POINTED PERFECTLY STRAIGHT. don't be all over the track; u'll lose 10ths. pick a line and stick to it.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:18 AM
kcp1989
3rd Gear Member

wow here in kc you just have to have a parent/gardian sign a waver if your 16-18
Old 09-13-2006, 01:29 AM
hotrod7687
3rd Gear Member

take out your spare tire and jack. concentrate on doing a nice short burnout, have the A/C and stereo OFF, put it in neutral and rev it up as you press on the brake as hard as u can, then put it in drive and hold the brake and get the rpm's up, then on green mash the gas as u ditch the brakes and just MAKE SURE TO KEEP IT POINTED PERFECTLY STRAIGHT. don't be all over the track; u'll lose 10ths. pick a line and stick to it.
That will rip an automatic tranny apart. Too much stress going from neutral to drive at high rpm's.

What you need to do is press on the brake hard with your left foot and press the gas with your right. Find the rpm's that your tires start to spin then when your on the line, keep the rpm's just below that. This will help you get the car into its powerband quicker since it can start from a higher rpm. You will launch harder and it will help your ET. It does take some practice though.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:30 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hotrod7687

That will rip an automatic tranny apart. Too much stress going from neutral to drive at high rpm's.

What you need to do is press on the brake hard with your left foot and press the gas with your right. Find the rpm's that your tires start to spin then when your on the line, keep the rpm's just below that. This will help you get the car into its powerband quicker since it can start from a higher rpm. You will launch harder and it will help your ET. It does take some practice though.

lol no i meant rev it up in neutral to get vacuum pressure up, so the brake goes down further, then wait till the RPM's drop, then put it in drive and do the brakestand thing.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:04 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

thansk for all the good advice people!!
Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hotrod7687

+1. Yeah Do a good brake stand. No need to warm your tires up with a big nasty burn out. Youre just wasting tread. Turn T/C off. Turn O/D off. Turn your A/C off. Take out your back seats lol. Take out your spare tire. Take out everything you dont need. If you cant run lower than a 15 you're officially banned from this website. haha jm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It is time!!