MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Prochamber from a LT set up...will it fit (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/179359-prochamber-from-a-lt-set-up-will-it-fit.html)

blownbayou 09-12-2006 11:40 PM

Prochamber from a LT set up...will it fit

Just got a Prochamber from my bud and he had it on his '99 Cobra w/LT........Will this fit onto my '02 with stock manifolds??? Has anyone done this??? I know cutting is probably involved (no problem) but I wonder if clearence issues and O/R issues (I have front cats and no rear cats) will be a problem....

Any input is greatly appreciated

Later

Brute03 09-12-2006 11:51 PM

RE: Prochamber from a LT set up...will it fit

no, it won't work since it's a shortie design

blownbayou 09-12-2006 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Brute03

no, it won't work since it's a shortie design
It came off a Long Tube Header Design.....or do you mean my stock manifolds are the shorty design????

Please clarify and BTW LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!! I do that EVERYTIME I crank the Mustang up :D

gt96stang 09-12-2006 11:58 PM

The midpipe is a shorty design... YOU need a regular one that fits the stock manifolds/shorty headers.

blownbayou 09-13-2006 12:00 AM

Ahhhhhh I have a mad genius for a welder and I wonder if he can cut the flanges and just weld her up there????? Anyone done this before???

Thanks for the clarification

Later

Brute03 09-13-2006 12:06 AM

well i wouldn't do that, but what ever humps your camel man.... just get some L/T's ftw :D

oxfordgt 09-13-2006 01:36 AM

It will not work. the long tube headers come down at a different angle then the stock mid pipe does. there would be so many bends and unless your friend has a way to make manderal bender it wont be worth the effort.

hotrod7687 09-13-2006 01:45 AM

Isnt the mid-pipe on a cobra different from the GT's? I thought it wouldnt fit even if it was a regular sized mid pipe.

blownbayou 09-13-2006 10:54 AM

I guess I am going to have to bring it to him and let him size it up...... O/R H-pipe might be in order (using Prochamber because it is free)

Later

czwalga00gt 09-13-2006 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: blownbayou

I guess I am going to have to bring it to him and let him size it up...... O/R H-pipe might be in order (using Prochamber because it is free)

Later

You're asking for way more trouble than its worth. It's not like you can just cut a few things and weld them.... you're missing about 2 feet of piping, piping that has to be spot on if you want them to lineup with the stock manifold, ESPECIALLY the passenger side since it isnt cupped.