4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone have the "ford dealership repair manuel"?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 AM
yetihairball
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have the "ford dealership repair manuel"?

The haynes manual is good for routine maintenance and such, but it is also very general. I think mine covers every mustang from 1994-2003 and it's not a very thick book. I wouldn't use it beyond regular maintenance and upkeep.

I also have the Ford Factory Workshop Manual for 2003 mustangs. It was very helpful when I changed my fuel filter....but if you need to know how to take apart your transmission and engine at the same time, throw all the parts into a box, mix em all up and then be able to put them back together, yeah it's great.

I like actual physical books so i don't have to take a laptop out to the car when I'm working on it, but the DVD is super cheap on ebay. My manual cost me $70, and it was obviously used and slightly abused, but all the pages are intact and legible.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

hayes is garbage. I've owned two diff. manuals for 2 differant cars and it's like throwing $20 out the window.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I have a haynes manual and it's pretty good. I also am going to get chilton, because they both seem to have good and bad sections on everything. I've used both on various cars before and have noticed this.

ANd also my mom bought me that CD off ebay for "1997 fords" and it has a ton of repair info about my stang on it.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:07 AM
ponypone

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

I have a haynes manual and it's pretty good. I also am going to get chilton, because they both seem to have good and bad sections on everything. I've used both on various cars before and have noticed this.

ANd also my mom bought me that CD off ebay for "1997 fords" and it has a ton of repair info about my stang on it.
the haynes has always been my way of working on every vehicle i've ever owned. 18.5 years of driving, and haven't been to a mechanic in over 18. never fudged anything while using the manual either in all that time whenever i needed to make a repair or just maintenance. the chiltons one i didn't care for as much. i helped a buddy with the exhaust, voltage regulator, and starter on his 65 buick, and carburetor, and countless other things on his 69 chevy c20 pickup, and all he had was the chiltons, and i didn't find it to be as detailed. the haynes is thicker, and more to the point i think. i'm more than content with the haynes.

Search this Thread