4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

thats true.... i was being a major smart *** myself tonight and i also have alot of time on my hands as i work crazy hours and have a new baby so i am insomniatic so i have been whoring myself check it out ive only been on these forums not even 2 months yet and have racked up quite a few post about 250 actually but i do try to be positive and informative as well as ask as many questions i can even if they dont pertain to me so i can possibly help someone else out later down the road i also have taken on a project of my own rebuilding a blown motor and am trying to figure out the best setup everyones been really helpful up until this question i asked it over a month ago an still have recieved no answers so keep being a smart *** but try to be a more positive smart ***
Old 09-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...

https://mustangforums.com/m_1932475/tm.htm

Enjoy. But don't get discouraged when you find out how expensive it's gonna be.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:15 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

about how much will it cost say you already have the heads how much for everything else???? or would it just be cheaper to buy the mark vIII engine change the cams and put on a 99-01 cobra intake manifold???? if i havent read wrong i believe they make 280hp as is and changing those things i guess theyll make 300 like the 96-98 cobras and i already have forged pistons and rods and everything needed to forge a bottom end so i could use those parts to forge the mark vIII bottom end... im on a budget and am trying to get the most motor for the least amount and just looking for some guidance and advice
Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Right on. I'll give it a whirl. I'm jacking my car up tomorrow for the blower "prep" install. The "good" ones can have it done in 10 hours. I'm not timing myself, but I'm counting on a flat rate of 8. Plus I've got a hell of a garage/tools to install **** like this. I just can't stop thinging about boost, talk about pre-addict. Sounds like you've got boost, so I wouldn't worry about the 4V.

Keep it real w/ the 2V.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:37 AM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

yea i have boost and will be boosting twice as much once the build is complete i just want the most efficient engine and i want that top end the 4v's have that we dont but its looking like i might have to stay with a 2v....well i tell you what first time will be a pain in the rear its funny how it works it will take about 10+ hours to do it but ABOUT 2 hours or less to undo it i have supercharged 2 cars the last one was a 01 silverado truck it took 12 hours but 1 and a half to take the blower off i think its reading the instrustions back and forth and the original prep that takes so long but it is fun and be ready for a few busted knuckles and it will take some beer to complete it... you will be happy at first but give it one month and it wont be enough power youll become a monster like half of us on here and your wallet wont be able to keep up
Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

I don't fit in real well. I bought mY GT 3 years ago and haven't done so much as add CAI to it since. I feel, if your gonna do something, do it right. Which is why I waited for my blower, and it's finally here. Next step will come with time. Thing is, I want 350 at the rears. That's my goal. Everyone says "why only 350?"

Because that's where I want to be.

When I bought the GT I truely wanted a LS1, but I figured for the diff inprice I could throw a blower on there, save some coin, & still blow those LS1 ****ers out of the water. Which is RIGHT where I'm at now. Patience...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:27 AM
orange04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: you guys can shove it i used the search and well...

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

its not a problem its just a question i can easily use the 2v heads but prefer not to but its called humor and obviously you have none

I have read numerous posts by you and posts that you have commented on. I have to honestly say, you are probably one of the biggest douche bags I have ever had the pleasure of coming across. Take it easy man. You seem very high-strung.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

thanks orange im only on here to get help and try to help others the same i have been helped we all have to learn somehow.. i am a smart *** by nature and when someone says something stupid thats uncalled for ill call them on it is all and you guys all do the same i am not the only one who does it
Old 09-14-2006, 05:58 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

I can see the need to swap to 4V if you are N/A but since you are already boosted i don't understand your urgency to have 4V heads etc. You can have your 2V heads P&P'd with a valve job...that combined with your forged shortblock and say 15lbs of boost can get you to 550rwhp or more! That is way more then anyone needs on a street ride. Take the money you were gonna use for the 4V swap and have your heads done, get blower cams and maybe a bullitt or P51 intake. Thats just my opinion and it would make your life easier

On the main subject...Swapping 4V heads on your block will be determined by which heads you get. My 96 Cobra block didn't have a coolant passage for the 2V heads so i drilled one...i would assume it would be the opposite with the 4V heads from 96-98 on a 2V block. All the modular blocks work with the modular heads but may require minor modifications to accomodate different sensors/bungs/passages etc. If you still want to do a 4V swap then my best advice i can give is to get ahold of an aluminum Teksid block...93-98 Mark VIII-96-98 Cobra and use that as your building point. The forged internals you have will switch over with no problem. Then you will also knock off about 70lbs of weight off the front of the car.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

thats true.... i was being a major smart *** myself tonight and i also have alot of time on my hands as i work crazy hours and have a new baby so i am insomniatic so i have been whoring myself check it out ive only been on these forums not even 2 months yet and have racked up quite a few post about 250 actually but i do try to be positive and informative as well as ask as many questions i can even if they dont pertain to me so i can possibly help someone else out later down the road i also have taken on a project of my own rebuilding a blown motor and am trying to figure out the best setup everyones been really helpful up until this question i asked it over a month ago an still have recieved no answers so keep being a smart *** but try to be a more positive smart ***

Not to add to the smarta$$ieness (if that's how you spell it)... but, If you need a new keyboard let me know. I can get them to you cheap. Seems like your "." button is broken. hehe. Had to throw that in there guys.

Quick Reply: you guys can shove it i used the search (not literal its called humor)and well...