4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What not to buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 03:07 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

Default What not to buy

I am curious to know what people have bought and put on their stang that they wish they didn't. You always see threads asking what to buy and what people think of this or that, I want to know what people thought was a waste of money, didn't do what they wanted or once installed they had problems with, such as if you install longtube headers on a 99-04 you have to drop the headers if you want to pull the tranny out. Is it really worth the 5 extra hp over shorties... Stuff like that.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:17 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What not to buy

ORIGINAL: SN95FoxII

I am curious to know what people have bought and put on their stang that they wish they didn't. You always see threads asking what to buy and what people think of this or that, I want to know what people thought was a waste of money, didn't do what they wanted or once installed they had problems with, such as if you install longtube headers on a 99-04 you have to drop the headers if you want to pull the tranny out. Is it really worth the 5 extra hp over shorties... Stuff like that.
Yeah, don't buy shorties. And second, longtubes are worth a lot more then 5hp over shorties. =]
Old 09-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Turbonators!

but seriously, i bought those bosch +4 plugs one time and all i can say is [:'(]
Old 09-17-2006, 03:40 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

Turbonators!

but seriously, i bought those bosch +4 plugs one time and all i can say is [:'(]
+1 I've heard a couple people say that.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:16 PM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

dont buy intake spacers they dont do do squat
Old 09-17-2006, 04:33 PM
SN95FoxII
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

Yeah, don't buy shorties. And second, longtubes are worth a lot more then 5hp over shorties. =]
5-10hp your not going to feel the difference and Id rather not have to pull my headers to get my tranny out... Ill just make it up in nitrous.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:55 PM
JPGT_00
2nd Gear Member

Pully's I think there a waste of $$$$ but thats just me
Old 09-17-2006, 05:04 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

intake, waste of money for a GT
Old 09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

Pully's I think there a waste of $$$$ but thats just me
i think that pulleys are the best bolt on besides exhuast IMO. well that was pretty much the only bolt on where i actually felt the difference
Old 09-17-2006, 05:48 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

5-10hp your not going to feel the difference and Id rather not have to pull my headers to get my tranny out... Ill just make it up in nitrous.
Haha, there is a huge difference in long tubes and shorties. I promise. Ask anyone that has seen the difference on a dyno. Shorties are a waste of money. Do a search on the subject here and you'll see what I mean.

Quick Reply: What not to buy