4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

some supercharging ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
blown01gt

Default some supercharging ?'s

ok i have a 01 gt 5 speed. its got a cai, new maf, catted x pipe and flowmaster catback. but ive come across some money and ive saved some on top of that and say i have a 15k budget but if i have to go more then i will. i want to have a 600 hp street car but i dont know where to start. i kno i need to get an engine built with good heads but i dont kno of any good builders. i want to put the ken bell intercooled supercharger on it and run 14-19 psi. but is there a manual tranny that could hold 600 hp? wut would i have to do to the fuel system, susp., and drive train in order to run something with this much hp. and im fixing to buy a long tube set up in the next day or so, should i buy something that has the egr stuff still on it or should i take that off? thanx and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:36 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: some supercharging ?'s

ORIGINAL: blown01gt

ok i have a 01 gt 5 speed. its got a cai, new maf, catted x pipe and flowmaster catback. but ive come across some money and ive saved some on top of that and say i have a 15k budget but if i have to go more then i will. i want to have a 600 hp street car but i dont know where to start. i kno i need to get an engine built with good heads but i dont kno of any good builders. i want to put the ken bell intercooled supercharger on it and run 14-19 psi. but is there a manual tranny that could hold 600 hp? wut would i have to do to the fuel system, susp., and drive train in order to run something with this much hp. and im fixing to buy a long tube set up in the next day or so, should i buy something that has the egr stuff still on it or should i take that off? thanx and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I would go with a NOVI 2000 @19 psi, but that's jmo. I think the TKO 600 can handle that much power.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blown01gt

$15k to spend? That's kind of hard to believe. I am a KB lover, but if I had that much, I would have a VT longblock with the works, and a twin turbo setup with a TKO tranny built to handle about 1000hp, and a full suspension setup with bulletproof rearend. But hey that's just me.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:50 PM
blown01gt

lol srry wut can i say, great job and really good pay, sold my old hot rod i had a built 89 mustang gt and ive saved all of my money even my grad money over the past couple of years. but i was using the 15k budget just as a guideline, because i want to make it look good to but nothing fancy so i was going to do that with the money to. thanx for the help i need all oppinions i can get lol im kinda new to the modulars but i love them