4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

96 GT project thread *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 96 GT project thread *PICS*

okay so for the top off of that website ive got two options

CHRYSLER SAILCLOTH VINYL

and

HAARTZ PINPOINT VINYL

I couldnt find that cobra stuff, but i will try to go to a shop and see... The rear window is glass so i believe i can re-use it so that main top is only 135$, but the headliner (needed) is another 180...

Has anyone used or have any preferance to either of the above cloths? thanks
Old 09-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Knight Mare
2nd Gear Member

Man, talk about potential! Im excited for you! What are you gonna do as far as suspension?
Old 09-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Knight Mare

Man, talk about potential! Im excited for you! What are you gonna do as far as suspension?
well as for now it is stock... it has camber/caster plates but the springs are stock... i am not sure what else it has but the dude said all it needs to be lowered are the springs.. (what else do you need?) So i may lower it eventually... but as for now i am looking at setups for the stance i like...

anyone have a preferance or even a comment on the different kinds of tops? which i should get?
Old 09-21-2006, 03:00 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

Alright guys so i have been talking with my dad and he is not entireley against the though of getting a PI engine... but i need your help

i know pi is 99 or above GT's but what else will i need? will i need a new computer? wiring? and will it bolt right up? will my stock clutch/flywheel work with it? PLease help...

Also how much should i expect to pay for a lower mileage pi engine... i imagine there are quit a few wrecked 99 or newer GT's... also can i get diddly for my 72k stock 96 engine? let me know thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 03:19 AM
97targa
5th Gear Member

First off Black on Black on Black looks absolutely GAY!!!! You need to get some descent wheels that will shine, not black ones that you can't see! Euro fogs are all over Ebay for $80 brand new. You can pick up a shifter for about $125, but just so you realize, my car was mint all stock when I got it. I put in a complete new stereo, new rims, new exhaust, shifter, bunch of other small things here and there. No engine mods and I'm surfacing $3k. I'll never do it again to a mustang. They suck for power. You need tons of money to make these things move and they don't even have t-tops anymore. I hate verts. I just don't like people lookin at the back of my head, makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason, no I'm not funny looking either.lol To do everyhting you want done will cost you 10grand guranteed. I'm not talkin back yard paint job, why would you do that when you put lots of money into your car! Ohh by the way you cannot re-use your glass in the back! Even if you cut it out somehow and it's in there real good, most aftermarket tops won't fit the factory glass. It's on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

First off Black on Black on Black looks absolutely GAY!!!! You need to get some descent wheels that will shine, not black ones that you can't see! Euro fogs are all over Ebay for $80 brand new. You can pick up a shifter for about $125, but just so you realize, my car was mint all stock when I got it. I put in a complete new stereo, new rims, new exhaust, shifter, bunch of other small things here and there. No engine mods and I'm surfacing $3k. I'll never do it again to a mustang. They suck for power. You need tons of money to make these things move and they don't even have t-tops anymore. I hate verts. I just don't like people lookin at the back of my head, makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason, no I'm not funny looking either.lol To do everyhting you want done will cost you 10grand guranteed. I'm not talkin back yard paint job, why would you do that when you put lots of money into your car! Ohh by the way you cannot re-use your glass in the back! Even if you cut it out somehow and it's in there real good, most aftermarket tops won't fit the factory glass. It's on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck!
Thanks for the input

first off i like the black on black on black... i cant turn my head without seeing a mustang with chrome wheels (looks nice but still)

Second i got the car for 1300 rims and tires will be another 1200, plust a top 400, and paint 1000... thats around 4000 dollers for a car i can customize the way i like... worth it maybe, maybe not, but thank for the input

I do like convertables i dont have weird phobias of people checking out the back of my head.

As for the glass in the back. I can reuse it so "look it up"

But thanks for the overal negative input... much appriciated.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

alright i think right now i am going to hold off on anything else for it and forcus on getting it running. I am not sure i will be able to get the money i put into it out of it if i start investing money into it, so running is a start.. i will keep you guys posted
Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

Looks like a fun project, wIsh I was mechanicly inclined to do things myself! I don't think you should go with black rims, I think they look like spares. Here in So Cal, almost every other mustang and car on the road has black rims, it's the most trendiest thing you can do to a car now a days. But hey your car, your money. Turbo maybe?????
Old 09-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adams_02GT

Looks like a fun project, wIsh I was mechanicly inclined to do things myself! I don't think you should go with black rims, I think they look like spares. Here in So Cal, almost every other mustang and car on the road has black rims, it's the most trendiest thing you can do to a car now a days. But hey your car, your money. Turbo maybe?????
i definatly like the look of the black rims, chrome is much more popular up here

as for the turbo, sound like a waste of money sense i hear the Non Pi's dont respond well to much of anything
Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stalion415

as for the turbo, sound like a waste of money sense i hear the Non Pi's dont respond well to much of anything
Every car responds well to FI. Turbos even moreso than Blowers. Even with crappy heads a turbo system will still max out the lower end of that motor despite heads. You might have to turn the boost up a bit but it will get the job done.

Quick Reply: 96 GT project thread *PICS*