4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BIG problems with headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default RE: BIG problems with headlights

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle|Steve

Dustin, I was just browsing the boards and saw what happened to your lights when you tried to clean them. You mentioned our name (AmericanMuscle.com) in the thread and I pulled your customer file. You have been a great customer of ours over the past year and have placed several orders. We want to thank you for that! We are going to go ahead and send you out a set of 99-04 Smoked Headlights free of charge.

You will get a confirmation email and a tracking number later today. Again thanks for all your business.

Steve - AmericanMuscle.com
now that is cool. good stuff right there.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Dustin, I was just browsing the boards and saw what happened to your lights when you tried to clean them. You mentioned our name (AmericanMuscle.com) in the thread and I pulled your customer file. You have been a great customer of ours over the past year and have placed several orders. We want to thank you for that! We are going to go ahead and send you out a set of 99-04 Smoked Headlights free of charge.

You will get a confirmation email and a tracking number later today. Again thanks for all your business.

talk about great customer service. bravo!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Wow, did that just happen? That's amazing. AmericanMuscle you've got yourself a new customer here. I just bought my car and am going to be doing plenty of upgrades. After seeing customer service like that I know where I'll look first for my parts.

Funny as it is, the first purchase I make will probably be headlights since the previous owner replaced one due to a small accident (replaced bumper and passenger side headlight) so now I have one yellow light and one new light.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

toothpaste works good on cleaning out the lights just make sure u get all the resedo off after or it will look hazy. its worth the try if u havnt allready bought new ones
Old 09-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif]

wow

Too bad you guys don't have a complete (header back) catted dual exhaust for a 00 v6 stang. I know I could mix/match parts but half from one brand + half from another brand don't always work out well.

More specifically, I'm looking for the Pypes SF53C header-back catted X dual exhaust from..well..Pypes Exhaust.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:36 PM
marcm94
1st Gear Member

WOW is that some service or what. Dude, you should never buy anything for your stang unless it's from AMERICAN MUSCLE!
I know where to buy all my future purchases...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

reseal it with some silicone sealant should do the trick.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
dirtystang04
2nd Gear Member

As far as cleaning goes... heres my $.02. To keep a long story short, my tail light got scuffed with a soccer ball and left a nice white streak on the red plastic. NOTHING would take it off and i do mean nothing. SO, I tried Mothers metal polish (i think it might say alloy and aluminum polish on the can). I use it for polishing my exhaust tips every once in a while. Believe it or not, it worked like a charm and left NO haze/scratches in the lense. Why not give it a shot???
Old 09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

american muscle is amazing....i will be buying all my parts from after seeing that....i am so impressed with them now
Old 09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

OMG. THANX! I just got new headlights in the mail like 2 days ago and I didnt know who bought them! THANX MAN, ill be making all my purchases from you guy! They look totally awesome too, ill post pics!

Quick Reply: BIG problems with headlights