4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

nitrous question?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:40 PM
CryO2man

Default RE: nitrous question?

Hell, get an NX kit and then buy the DEI CryO2 Intake segment. That'll keep the air charge dense as that bulb inside the segment freezes to -80°F even after your down spray'n.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:57 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

boost or nitrous they both add alot of power and heat but to repeat myself if anyone reads what i type, nitrous is not on all the time, i have the remote opener and only open it like once a week to show off or take someone at a light,lol where if you have a supercharger YOU know for a fact you will opening it up all the time, which will = more wear and tear, + i can use 87 cheap gas if i want at anytime.... just my thoughts on this.... and every aftermarket S/C, well not every but if not done right will ping your motor to death, call any S/C mustang for sale and say i am not going to buy your car i am looking a s/c and i am curious if your car ever pings, i got 70% that said yes and the others probally lied...
Old 09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Superchargers create alot of heat man, why else do you think people put small shots of nitrous on their supercharged cars??..they do it to cool their intake and blower down.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

75-100 all day and you wont hurt a thing
Old 09-29-2006, 05:46 PM
1stgear
2nd Gear Member

ok now that I got the impression that nitrous is a no no......how about the other question......does Nitrous Express kit for 04 GT come with everything you need for a safe kit..........and how much HP can my car handle?
Old 09-29-2006, 05:49 PM
MUFFxMAN
I ♥ Acer

hp you have nothing to worry about.. but if you are going to bother putting one in make sure its a wet nitrous kit.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:05 PM
1stgear
2nd Gear Member

remind me again what the difference of wet/dry kit is and price
Old 09-29-2006, 06:20 PM
MUFFxMAN
I ♥ Acer

all nitrous is doing is breaking apart and becoming oxygen.. so theres more oxygen produced in your engine but with dry shot nitrous theres no additional fuel during combustion with all that oxygen... wet shot nitrous has fuel in it so when you get all that oxygen in the engine theres a equal amount of fuel during combustion which inturn makes it not only safer but also you get more power out of it.. as of the price im not sure.. i wouldnt think it would be to much more..
Old 07-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Rys_96Stang

[align=left]Ok, so heres the thing I have a 96 Mustang GT, LT's, Luk clutch, and an O/R Xpipe, I want to spray my car and ive just been curious as to what all I need or what I should run, I want to run a 75 shot and from what you all have said that would be a safe shot... But my car has 130xxx miles on it, New tranny and clutch, which im not too worried about, the car has been well maintained and shows little signs of wear and tear... any suggestions????
[/align][align=right] [/align]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:27 PM
blackstallion666
4th Gear Member

[/quote]

Me...

More air...which is then compressed = higher temp. Its a simple equation. If the volume decreases (the compression of the engine) and mass stays the same, then the temperature must go up. Physics my friend...so yes turbos as well as superchargers make more heat. AKA why they have intercoolers to get even more power.

Nitrous does add more Oxygen yeilding more fuel and more power from the combustion. ALSO, nitrous is compress and when is released from the bottle turns into a COLD gas. Same equation as above, high pressure to low pressure with same volume means temp MUST drop....and it DOES. So intake temps are cooler, although more heat is produced in the engine.

I have been reading up on this for years my friend. Being an engineer and into cars for many years also helps...

A turbo works much differently than nitrous...but produces the same result. More energy from the engine (which means more heat and also the reason for it...more power).
[/quote]

+1 totally correct! anyone that thinks that turbos and superchargers don't increase engine temps is in denial. its just like you said anytime you increase compression temps with go up.
And as for nitrous iv'e been runnning a 75 shot with noproblem at all. i'am running a wet kitwhich is the only way i would recommend doing it. I strongly believe nitrous can be very safe as long as it is installed properlly and jetted correctly.

Quick Reply: nitrous question?