4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sold the Mustang GT for a 99' C5 Corvette!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default Sold the Mustang GT for a 99' C5 Corvette!!!

Hey guys, just traded my 02' Mustang GT for a 99' Vette (28k miles).

Like a lot of people, I was just too upset with the performance of the 2V GT. Decided to go ahead and make the switch, and started looking at 97-02 C5's. Ended up finding a practically perfect condition black 99' for a great price, and sold the GT. Going to sell most of the parts I put on it seperate pretty quick here. I was rather sad to see it go, since it was my pride and joy for the last year and a half. But one thing after another about the car just drove me absolutely insane. So I decided enough was enough.

Anyway, brought the Vette home from the dealer last night and have been obsessed with it ever since. This car is just fantastic. Everything I didn't like about the Mustang is gone with this car. The transmission shifts like a dream, the brakes work far better than the Cobra brakes I put on the GT, the handling is just insane! One of the hardest things to get use to is just how low the car actually sits. I'm not too tall (6'1) but it's rather hard to get down into the thing sometimes. Most times it's not really sitting down into the car so much as "falling" the last 6in into the seat. The interior just kind of wraps around you, and is pretty much just "*** on the floor". The driving position is just so laid back, and it's comfortable as all hell. The front end is WAAAAAAAY out there though, and is a bit difficult to judge distances when parking and maneuvering. It's very odd when driving to look at econobox cars and look UP at the people driving next to you. Your basically looking at the center top of their tires, driving by average size 4wheel drive trucks is downright scary!

Haven't gotten on it too hard yet, and not exactly expecting leaps and bounds in performance increases with it still stock. I can feel it faster, even though I'm trying to baby it at the moment. I just can't get over the handling though, man is it ever glued to the pavement compared to any car I've driven (possible exception being an EVO VI).

Anyway, the PICS!!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 09-27-2006, 04:12 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Sold the Mustang GT for a 99' C5 Corvette!!!

Looks good man. I used to drive a lot of vettes for my old job and they just feel too plush and disconnected IMO. Like overpowered cadillacs. I have had a lot more fun in cobras and well i had the most fun in vipers but unless its a Z06 i dont know that i would personally own one. Just me. Insurance must be a Beotch though on those things.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:13 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Very nice, it looks really clean, especially for being 7 years old. How many miles?
Old 09-27-2006, 04:14 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Trader!!!!!!!!

But seariously, nice ride. I was thinkin bout trading to the darkside and join my F-Body brothers.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Looks good man. I used to drive a lot of vettes for my old job and they just feel too plush and disconnected IMO. Like overpowered cadillacs. I have had a lot more fun in cobras and well i had the most fun in vipers but unless its a Z06 i dont know that i would personally own one. Just me. Insurance must be a Beotch though on those things.

It actually isn't too bad, definitely more comfortable than the GT I had. If that's what you mean by plush. I got use to the Steeda Tri-Ax that I had removed the rubber bushings from. I loved that firm clink-clink shifting feeling. The Vette has those bushings in there like the Mustang did stock, so the shifts are rubbery and too pansy feeling. Going to get a short shifter and remove the bushings like I did the Stang to get that rough and crude feeling back. Insurance actually isn't bad at all, costs $30/month more than the stang.

Very nice, it looks really clean, especially for being 7 years old. How many miles?
Thanks, and actually the dealer did a horrible job at waxing/cleaning the car. I was just lucky that I was standing far enough away in the shots that nothing showed up. The car has 28,000 miles!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:25 AM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Daaaam... 28k miles isnt bad at all for a 99 car... 4000 miles/ year. Nice find.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

very beautiful car
Old 09-27-2006, 05:00 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Looks good man, congrats.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:09 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

NICE car man.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 AM
cobra clone

[sm=jawdrop.gif]congrats,I onderstand whay you are obsessed with it

Quick Reply: Sold the Mustang GT for a 99' C5 Corvette!!!