4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

got the GT shined up, and took some pics...

Old 09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Default RE: got the GT shined up, and took some pics...

ORIGINAL: mustang232

looks nice. so when are you going to lower it??
ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Get a chrome style tint, it can be really light, people won't be able to see in and when someone goes up close to try to check for tint it won't really look like it is there. Mine absorbs VERY little light (50%? I don't know, it's next to nothing), but when the light is right, you can't see inside. Here's a picture as an exmaple.

Look closely, when trying to look into the tinted window you can not see through, yet, when you look through the windshield, you can see straight through the passenger side window to that 94 GT behind my car.
After I make it go fast, then I'll work on look good!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:01 AM
mustang232
3rd Gear Member

oh ok

ORIGINAL: dubarado

ORIGINAL: mustang232

looks nice. so when are you going to lower it??

Get a chrome style tint, it can be really light, people won't be able to see in and when someone goes up close to try to check for tint it won't really look like it is there. Mine absorbs VERY little light (50%? I don't know, it's next to nothing), but when the light is right, you can't see inside. Here's a picture as an exmaple.

Look closely, when trying to look into the tinted window you can not see through, yet, when you look through the windshield, you can see straight through the passenger side window to that 94 GT behind my car.
After I make it go fast, then I'll work on look good!
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

what percent tint is that shadowdrake? il be getting tints soon and im still trying to find the right % and style i want. i saw a GT like mine with half miror half black tints, looked like crap.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:24 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

This is just half mirror or whatever... It's called chrome tint, from the inside it looks like normal tint, unless it's very bright out, and very not inside the car, the tint will look like it does in that picture (reflective). Not sure if I'll be lowering the GT... it's for sale at the moment [&:]

I don't know what percent it is, like I said it's REALLY light. I was at the tint shop while FastLane034 here on the forums was getting his done (in 17%, same chrome style tint as mine). It is much lighter than the 35% I saw there at the shop. It's subtle but just enough so that you can't see in the car when the angle is right. FastLane's is tough to see through from the outside period. I haven't seen it from the inside yet.

Edit: I'd suggest 35% or 17% in this style, looks great on a black car.

Edit 2: If you click the one year video in my sig, about mid way through the video is another good shot of the window, so you can get an idea of how the tint looks.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:24 AM
bigmik290
2nd Gear Member

sexy!!
Old 09-30-2006, 02:29 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

Awesome Car and nice pics too.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:46 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

thanks... I have some bad news tho.... I cut it to close, and BAM.... scraped my passenger side wheels on the lip... about 2 1/2 marks up front, and a long 2 inch one on the back... GRRR so pissed at myself!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:59 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

nice car.

in regards to window tint. ALL states have a certain percentage that is LEGAL.

check this out and shoose your state to see what's allowable by law.

http://www.autowindowtintings.com/stateLaws.ihtml

Still double check with your local authorities to verify.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:20 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I love the car, it reminds me of my car when I first got it. I had those same rims, they're the best stock ones imo. But 03 cobras look much better.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:33 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

here is the back rim...

here is the front....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got the GT shined up, and took some pics...