4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

help on a DIY-please take

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 08:17 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

Default help on a DIY-please take

alright here is the scoop-my check engine light was on so i went and got a diagnostic... the dealer(which is where i took it to get the test) says that i have to replace my p f sensor and solinoid,and that i should clean out the upper throttle body and the fuel injectors... the mechanic said something about my car running to rich and that it was do to the faulty sensor and that my car has a carbon build up in the throttle body and that until i fix the sensor that my car wil continue running rich blah blah blah.... they wanted to charge me 600 bucks for the parts and the labor...does this sound like something that i can do myself-between me and my father(dads are always good with cars) or is it something that you need a pro to do. if i can do it myself how hard would it be, if someone could take the time to help me out id appreciate you guys are best source of info.... thanks
Old 07-07-2003, 05:05 AM
n2o44
2nd Gear Member

Default help on a DIY-please take

pfe sonsor hell ya , they have huge problems with them , especially the focuses . they threw an injector cleaning in the to get customer pay labor time . if u need help leme know ok.