4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

About my pony.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:23 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default About my pony.

Hey Im new to the forums so I figured I would say Hi to everyone and talk about my ride and future plans. [:@]

I got a 2004 Mustang Gt Automatic trans Black color with 25k miles on it. YES ITS AN AUTOMATIC there are benefits to autos ya know!Only mods Ive done so far is Removed the Air slencer which increased my throttle response nicely was amazed it made such a noticeable difference and man o man do I love putting the pedal to the metal and listening to my 4.6L Rev up and go. Other mod I did was change the air filter to a K&N of course and the oil filter to K&N. I live in florida so I run a light weight oil 5w-30 Castrol GTX. And thats it for the mods so far but I plan to do much more. My goal is to get at least 300RWHP and 300RWTQ with bolt ons/chip while one a budget and I believe it can be done with the right modifications without resorting to Supercharger/NOS/Turbo/procharger etc.... I am new to the Ford vehicles. My entire life Ive owned chevrolet vehicles including my 1973 chevrolet camaro that runs high 11's in the 1/4 mile N/A. But Ive always secretly had a sweet spot for mustangs and had to have one so I eventually got this one and I am very happy with it so far. Its my daily driver.

I was thinking of gettin a CAI next but I dont know which one to get I Hear different things from everyone. I am leaning towards the K&N FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kit) Cold Air Intake. But I see on ebay there are like hundres of CAI kits which one to choose? They all look the same but some are real cheap like the BOMZ cai for like 40$ that has everything the others have what makes a cai better then then another? Any suggestions/info will be most welcomed. And yes I did read the previous posts concerning CAI mods and things but those were a bit old so I figured I would start the question fresh and see what comes up thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50413/07F2A733EBDC469B880221FE7B3B1D75.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-02-2006, 02:35 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: About my pony.

I tried the BOMZ, stay away. Sure its cheap, but it was missing one of the hose clamps and some of the bolts didn't match up.. maybe they weren't even in the package, I can't remember. Anyway.. try something else other than BOMZ is what I'm saying.

As far as what to upgrade next.. ready the sticky!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

your car looks formiliar

if you get a CAI its mostly for looks it wont ad enough hp for the but dyno to feel. and your 300rwhp/300rwtq is a big goal, its hard to get there with a manual car let alone those power stealing AOD trannys. might aswell do a supercharger and be done with it. anyway keep us posted on future mods.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

sadly your pic says ERROR on it...Congrats on the new car though its beautiful...i also was a chevy guy born and raised...i had a 69 chevelle with a 350 horse 350CI but i always loved the way that these mustangs looked. When my dad got his 05 GT I lost it and had to have one.

Anyway...as far as CAIs go you can spend from $40 on the BOMZ one on ebay up to $300. Unfortunatly, no matter how much cash you spend, they dont do much for your HP...you can spend an extra $200 for about 2-3 HP but what do i know...you can hear a difference but thats about it IMO. I have a BBK that i got off of ebay for $75 shipped. For me its basically an appearance mod. A lot of guys on here have the BOMZ one and no complaints at all. Anyway good luck and again congrats on the shiny black car[sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 02:46 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

there were no posts when i started writing mine but then i started looking at all of the smiley options [sm=owned.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

i cheap ebay one will work just as good as others. just get a better filter than the one they give u. go for what u think looks the best under your hood because gains are gonna be about the same no matter which u get
Old 10-02-2006, 02:58 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

there were no posts when i started writing mine but then i started looking at all of the smiley options [sm=owned.gif]
same here they just all popped up
Old 10-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

LOL yea sorry for the error message in my first post I was playing with some things and kinda got side tracked hehe.
I really appreciate all the info. I figured most of the CAI were the same they are mainly jus an appearance mod so anyone will do right? So I will jus get a low budget one and it should do the trick for me. Gonna put my $ into better engine upgrades.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:41 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

your car looks formiliar

if you get a CAI its mostly for looks it wont ad enough hp for the but dyno to feel. and your 300rwhp/300rwtq is a big goal, its hard to get there with a manual car let alone those power stealing AOD trannys. might aswell do a supercharger and be done with it. anyway keep us posted on future mods.

Yea your right ,It is a big goal especially with my automatic tranny. But none the less I will try to see what I can come up with. I plan to do the mods over the next year and hopefully get there if all else fails there is one thing a AOD tranny is good for and that is a NOS setup muhahahha!!! [:@]
Old 10-02-2006, 03:50 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Did you need to mellow down your sig. Its waaaayyyy too big. It trips me out. [sm=smokin.gif]

Quick Reply: About my pony.