4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Throttle Body Help!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:31 PM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

Default Throttle Body Help!!!

Ok, after I installed my new accufab throttle body, it stays at like 2100 rpms for like 30 seconds after I rev it, then it goes back down to 900, is it supposed to do this? If not, what do I have to do to fix it? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:42 PM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Body Help!!!

maybe a computer problem. Disconnect your battery and then reconnect it and try it. there is really no reason why you should have an idle problem with a new throttle body or plenum
Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

Do you think the 02 sensors would do that? I just installed the factory tune back into the computer because I sold the diablo and ordered an SCT, which I am waiting for. The check engine light also came back on, which is probably the 02's since I dont have cats.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Hmm keep us informed on this one I myself am getting Ready to order the Accufab supposidly it is a tad better then all the other ones currently on the market but its more expensive. But I found one for a good deal and I wanna make sure Im not gonna have problems installing it on my 04gt.

I have installed other throttle bodies usually what is a good idea from what I hear is you use the factory tune for starting out, Disconnect all power hookup your new Accufab make sure its installed correctly reconnect power and run it with the stock computer settings for a few days to let it adjust to your new mod , it takes some time for the computer to figure out what you did. After it seems like it has settled and it seems like its adjusted put in your SCT or whatever chip tune you are gonna use and then go through the break in period again. This is what my friend did and he had no problems on his 04 GT but then again yours is an 02 and I do not know the differences. And I am new guy on here and this is jus my advice so lemme know how you get by this.. Also I jus found this which you might want to check out lemme know if this helps its a small info article on installation of the accufab http://www.accufabracing.com/article_1.htm

Also this one might help you as well
http://www.stangpro.com/html/articles/tbinstall.htm

Lemme know if that helps
Old 10-02-2006, 09:32 PM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

Hey thanks for the information Steve04GT, I called the tech support and they told me my voltage was wrong, so i just have to adjust it, thanks for the help!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJones_86

Hey thanks for the information Steve04GT, I called the tech support and they told me my voltage was wrong, so i just have to adjust it, thanks for the help!
yea if your read in one of those articles they tell you about voltage thingy I read the article after I hear what trouble you were having and I I remember seeing somthing in one of those articles about it. Anyways goodluck man! lemme know how much of difference you can tell by changing that TB out! go burn up some rubber!
Old 10-02-2006, 09:41 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Actually, it might just be the cars computer getting used to all the new airflow. It should return to normal, mine did. And also, when I change tunes on my car via my handheld tuner, it hangs as well at first.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:01 PM
gtzx
2nd Gear Member

I didn't have any such problems with my bbk tb. The high rpms sound like a bad gasket getting air somewhere, but if the voltage thing fixes your problem let us know. good luck.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:49 PM
JJones_86
2nd Gear Member

Well first I'm going to drive it around and see if it fixes itself. It only does it when I rev it up to about 4500 rpms, and it slowly comes down, but if I let it sit, it eventually goes down. So we'll see, I'll keep you guys informed.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJones_86

Well first I'm going to drive it around and see if it fixes itself. It only does it when I rev it up to about 4500 rpms, and it slowly comes down, but if I let it sit, it eventually goes down. So we'll see, I'll keep you guys informed.

Another good rule of thumb or so Ive heard but dont hold me to it.

Jus make sure you WOT that thing a few times so the computer can adjust for the extreme changes too give it all the tests etc or w.e u wanna call it. Jus normal crusing, Then do some take offs, then try some high speed if u got the place to do if you have a 5 speed make sure u get it in all gears for a few seconds at least. Its good to get all the ranges of the vehicle so it can compensate for the new Throttle system. But its jus imo I dont know what everyone else does.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle Body Help!!!