4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Magnaflow sounds Horrible.???? What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:09 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflow sounds Horrible.???? What to do?

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

and he puts 20" wheels on everything
-100 for chip foose
ORIGINAL: dubarado

Yea... he can be... well... an ***.... chip foose is cooler... more down to earth and less angry.
Hahahah... yea tru... 20's are meant for trucks... and they shouldn't of made rims any bigger than 20... they are just pointless I used to think big rims were cool... but I'm glad I didn't get 24's or whatever for my truck... I'd look like an ***.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Knight Mare
2nd Gear Member

I have a question. I have BBK long tubes, catted H pipies, and Flowmasters on now. I have the Roush /Magnaflow side exit cat back in my storage room, and not installed because I want to keep my throaty muscle car sound. If I put the Roush/Maglaflow on, will it sound raspy?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:42 PM
brgrenier
1st Gear Member

mine sounds raspy. if you have a 4valve motor, flow masters sound good but are one of the worse mufflers to run because they restrict a 4valve motor. Im going to buy an o/r H pipe and see what its like. then I will go from there.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

H-pipe will sound more like that classic musclecar sound. magnaflow was probably a mistake, they are not loud in comparison to just about everything else in the aftermarket. if you wanna spend more money, and want louder and throatier, try the magnapacks.
that would solve the volume problem, but arent magnapacks a bit raspier than magnaflows?

im not really sure what to do man, try going with an o/r H first, and if you still dont like it, go get some high flow cats welded into them

however, no matter what you get with the magnaflows, they wont be as loud as most other systems/combos
Old 10-03-2006, 01:04 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Are you sure they installed it right, I just got my Mags installed today on an O/R X pipe with BBK shorties and it sounds sweet. The car used to have an O/R h pipe with flowmasters and that crap was so loud I could barely think, then add on about 10 billion exhaust leaks, oh it was horrible. I like the mags, nice and mellow, but mean sounding up top.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:21 AM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

H-pipe will sound more like that classic musclecar sound. magnaflow was probably a mistake, they are not loud in comparison to just about everything else in the aftermarket. if you wanna spend more money, and want louder and throatier, try the magnapacks.
that would solve the volume problem, but arent magnapacks a bit raspier than magnaflows?

im not really sure what to do man, try going with an o/r H first, and if you still dont like it, go get some high flow cats welded into them

however, no matter what you get with the magnaflows, they wont be as loud as most other systems/combos
I have magnapaks and they arnt raspy at all
Old 10-03-2006, 01:26 AM
kecclest
2nd Gear Member

Who in here has truly tried both x and h pipes on their cars? I have not tried both, but I believe my magnapack catback with o/r x and lt headers is the ****. Its hard to say things like what i'm about to say because everybody has heard this from somebody and they are always right... credible or not, but i've been told two things about my car and two things only: 1) and i quote, "That is the best sounding Mustang I've ever heard" and 2)"You need mufflers"... thats by girls that know rappers like big butts.

It is tough to get a good sound via internet. Try as you may, your car will inevitably produce a unique sound. Good luck finding that euphonious sound.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:33 AM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kecclest

Who in here has truly tried both x and h pipes on their cars? I have not tried both, but I believe my magnapack catback with o/r x and lt headers is the ****. Its hard to say things like what i'm about to say because everybody has heard this from somebody and they are always right... credible or not, but i've been told two things about my car and two things only: 1) and i quote, "That is the best sounding Mustang I've ever heard" and 2)"You need mufflers"... thats by girls that know rappers like big butts.

It is tough to get a good sound via internet. Try as you may, your car will inevitably produce a unique sound. Good luck finding that euphonious sound.
If God drove a mustang he would have magnapaks, lol, they are that amazing
Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kecclest

well i have magnaflows and everyone loves the way my car sounds...then i took the stock h pipe off and added a bassani catted x pipe and it felt like less back pressure, smoother, and quieter at idle but louder when you get on it, i dont know if a after market h pipe would matter much, the x pipe is lower and scrapes on bumps, so now i cant go to some parking lots.....
Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 AM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

Everyones opinion is gonna be different when it comes to exhaust. I have a bassani catted x with magnapacks and i friggin love it. Its not very loud at idle but at WOT it sounds great. Like said before, clips off the internet dont give it justice but heres a clip of mine just for reference.

Flyby

http://media.putfile.com/BassaniXwithmagnapacks