4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New springs...what to get

Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default New springs...what to get

Ok so i got a parking pass at school...finally but wait its on a dirt baseball field that you have to basically go over a curb to get to and to even get to the curb u have to go over about 10 speedbumps (4 of whice i scrape on w/ sportlines) [sm=headbang.gif]. Anyway if i keep the sportlines im going to need CC plates ($200) and im thinking of just selling the sportlines and going with some H&R Sport Springs. Do you guys think that this is a good idea (going to H&R)...im going to have to go over the speedbumps eventually (next year) but i guess what im asking is what are the chances that im going to need CC plates even with H&R? Any other brands that you suggest?

Sportlines = 2" drop

H&R = 1.6"-1.75" drop
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New springs...what to get

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

Ok so i got a parking pass at school...finally but wait its on a dirt baseball field that you have to basically go over a curb to get to and to even get to the curb u have to go over about 10 speedbumps (4 of whice i scrape on w/ sportlines) [sm=headbang.gif]. Anyway if i keep the sportlines im going to need CC plates ($200) and im thinking of just selling the sportlines and going with some H&R Sport Springs. Do you guys think that this is a good idea (going to H&R)...im going to have to go over the speedbumps eventually (next year) but i guess what im asking is what are the chances that im going to need CC plates even with H&R? Any other brands that you suggest?

Sportlines = 2" drop

H&R = 1.6"-1.75" drop

Hell i scrap and I just have C-Springs. I wouldnt want to go any lower than mine is now.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

Sportlines = 2" drop

H&R = 1.6"-1.75" drop

Hell i scrap and I just have C-Springs. I wouldnt want to go any lower than mine is now.
haha i literally have to stop on top of the speedbump and slowly go down the other side just so that i can scrape as little as id o

Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Dude, me too.. These "C" springs seem to have dropped my car pretty good.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 AM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

h&r's are great, if you go with the supersports then yes you'll need cc plates. i hear alot of people bottoming out and scraping with there car lowered, either the roads in northern michigan are great or i'm just one of the lucky ones. i've only scraped once in a year. keep your sportlines, get the cc plates and just take it slow over those speedbumps.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:36 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

eibachs are awesome.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hot wheels

h&r's are great, if you go with the supersports then yes you'll need cc plates. i hear alot of people bottoming out and scraping with there car lowered, either the roads in northern michigan are great or i'm just one of the lucky ones. i've only scraped once in a year. keep your sportlines, get the cc plates and just take it slow over those speedbumps.

trust me i do...the speedbumps at school are the worst speedbumps ive ever seen...to keep those kids w trucks from speedin through
Old 10-04-2006, 04:04 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I love the H&R SS springs, seem like very high quality and they ride awesome. Have not scraped on anything yet...
Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 AM
derambe

Steeda's only lower about an inch, but still look good and ride awesome.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:12 AM
cobra925
1st Gear Member

I love my eibach kit it rides great never scaped anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New springs...what to get