4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Which car would you rather own...

Old 10-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which car would you rather own...

ORIGINAL: 6charger8

Anyone who votes for a 04 cobra is a retard. Although I drive an 03 GT, the new 'stangs are WAY better built cars. New edge mustangs are full of squeeks and rattles. If you have had the chance to see a new shelby and drive in one, you can't even compare the two cars.

The new Mustangs are UGLY. And who knows about the squeaks and rattles. We'll see what happens in a year or two when everything get knocked loose and people get some miles on their cars. The new "Shelby" is a total dissapointment to me. Too huge and too heavy. And what's with needing a ladder to get into the damn car? What a joke. [:@]
Old 10-06-2006, 04:54 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

uhhh i dont know about you but ive ridden in the new 05+ stangs. i think the correct thing to say is that they dont squeak and rattle as much as the previous years. go out and ride in a new honda accord, then come back to ride the 05 stang. then ull see a difference.

oh and 04 cobra ftw. to me it just has more potential for now. the shelbys are overhyped embarrasing pigs. 500 hp, hahaha.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:19 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

I hate to say it but might as well get a C6 there lighter and faster.
+1
Old 10-06-2006, 11:41 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

I voted 04 Cobra for a few reasons...

1. I don't like the 05+ body and having the Cobra is just the goal that I set for myself.

2. 03/04 Cobra's will be more rare than the Shelby's since they plan on making a few thousand models for 2-3 years (anyone know the numbers they plan to make and how many years exactly?)

3. At this point in time, they are the better bang for your buck car. That might change when the price comes down, but that would still revert back to number 1 or number 2.

04 Cobra for the win for me. Once I get it, give me about a year to put some time into it, I'm coming after Code.

maybe
Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

The Shelby GT500 is the last of Ford's SVT line and has more HP. Compare how many GT500's you see on the road to how many 03-04 Cobras you see on the road. ..But, I wouldn't mind having either one .. If I had a choice, GT500.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:36 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

Saying "if it wasn't for the rareness or the price" is like saying "if the Terminator wasn't supercharged"...

You have to take them at face value. Given that, 90% of folks would choose the Terminator for it's availability and relative bang for the buck.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

i'd take the shelby. i've driven an 05 stang and the difference in the way the car handles / feels over new edge was night and day. its like the chassis was doing its job. of course i'm in the minority of mf members who want a street car and not a drag car.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

The Shelby GT500 is the last of Ford's SVT line and has more HP. Compare how many GT500's you see on the road to how many 03-04 Cobras you see on the road. ..But, I wouldn't mind having either one .. If I had a choice, GT500.
The GT500 doesnt have any affiliation with SVT. They simply go by Shelby.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

The GT500 doesnt have any affiliation with SVT. They simply go by Shelby.
+1... thats why some SVT guys don't care for the Shelby cuz its not a true Cobra. Eh, thats debatable I think... its still a great car no doubt. I'm interested how it will fare in the market lets say a year from now. Plus the aftermarket will pick up for it so who knows as of right now.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I couldn't give a crap about rareness and collectibility.

Quite frankly, whatever car I own is NOT going to be sitting in some garage under a car cover collecting dust and rolling out 400miles/year.

It's a TOY. Plain and simple, it doesn't get any easier than that. Whichever car I own is going to be beaten, thrashed, tossed around, and just plain used the way it was designed to be. Then when the novelty wears off in 2-6yrs or so, I'll trade it off for the new and more powerful model.

So whether or not it's a "rare collectors car", I could care less. A "Shelby Cobra" or "Ford GT" just screams beat the hell out of me as far as I'm concerned. Then I'll just trade it off when I'm done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which car would you rather own...