4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Drifting, wtf

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:04 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Drifting, wtf

thats a lot of wear and tear on your car (tires & clutch = dead), espescially if it is a DD.

i have to agree with SVTBill on the styling. those headlights without the amber would be a nice touch, no other import looking pieces would go with a stang imo.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:10 AM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

to each their own, maybe it will look cool when you are done. Detemine who wins by judging instead of speed? That isnt racing, plus you will always get screwed by the Russian judge. If the car isnt your DD, i would say go for it, never know how much a drifter will serve as a work car. If it is your DD, i say go for it as it is your car. SAying you want to make it look like an import isnt going to go over real well, but i didnt build my car for other people, just me.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Butters

lol, i do a lot of unintentional drifting in the rain, but its a blast. the feeling of not having traction is cool, for some reason i really really like it so thats what really got me thinking about it, i dont know but i'll be sure to keep you guys updated.
i know what you mean man. i love the feeling of sending my ***-end sliding around a corner lol. i guess its the feeling of not being in complete control that makes me wanna do it over and over lol.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:15 AM
JT76

bad idea [:'(]
Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i drift... when i feel like sliding around.. lots of fun... spun the car once though cuz i hit a big puddle... it was crazy, kept her going in reverse.. lol
Old 10-09-2006, 04:33 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

ORIGINAL: Butters

but seriously. I want to make it styled like an import but i want to keep the muscle car attitude.
That's not possible. Sorry. [&:]
STFU!...jesus christ...you don't like it stay out of the thread!....goddamn...has this guy ever been to a drifting competition? i think not since they are awesome and you know damn well that he and his little "LX" can't hang

i actually thought about doing the same thing to my stang for a while...when i figured out that an actual GT or Cobra wouldn't be in my near future...i have never brought this up because it is like blasphemy...but whatcha think about swapping in the 3.4 SHO Yamaha V8....stroking it out to like 3.8 or 4.0....and then TCing it....it would be a screamer.....i know the huge torque-monsters (the American cars like the Viper, GTO, and Stangs) are domintating Formula D right now but the high-strung/revving engines are where it all began....idk...just a thought..............
Old 10-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Thanks a lot for the support and ideas. By import styling i meant..something different than 5 spoke rims for example, perhaps a set of Volk wheels? I dont know. Either way I'm either going to..

1.) Convert back to drag racing and highway pulls
2.) Go through with drifting
3.) Go buy an EVO or STi in a year or two while leaving the stang as is.

It's a toss up.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

Me: ***.
You're a ***? Gross.

hahahahahahahahahahhaha[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 10-11-2006, 04:17 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i'd love to have an STi AND a GT in my garage....but then you wouldn't be drifting either one...........?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

nonono, I mean like...sell the stang (:'() to get the STi or EVO if I were to go that route. I'm poor....ish. =S

Quick Reply: Drifting, wtf