4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Drifting, wtf

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Default Drifting, wtf

Hey guys. I've really been thinking about what I want out of this car. just from minor experiences and a few unintentional drifts..I've REALLY been debating turning the stang into a drifter. I know it's totally random and not really any of our style but what's a change gonna hurt? I'm not so positive how I'm gonna have the stang visually changed for people to know its a drifter. No worries, Im not considering any of the following

-Skyline motors
-3 foot spoilers
-neon lights
-the lovely cobra r wing (jk, some of you guys really pull it off. i cant though)

but seriously. I want to make it styled like an import but i want to keep the muscle car attitude. My next modification would be slamming the mustang (not to the ground but still low)

it IS my daily driver so no rear seat delete for me or any extreme weight reduction.

Pleaseee tell me what you guys think, styling opinions, suggestions in general? Constructive critisism is greatly appreciated. thanks a ton guys.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:33 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Drifting, wtf

dude my friend did that with his 06 GT. Its a bad @$$ car. All motor with a 150 shot. That thing is crazy to be in when he drifts.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:36 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

I dunno... the only driftin that impressed me was a sumbiche that could parrellel park in total class... Ok, ok, this post had nothig to do with yours... [:-]
Old 10-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

lol, i actually know what video your talking about. that crazy sob in his maserati i think it was. but im really gonna try and stir up some noise around here about an american drifter. all we have around here is 240's with sr20 swaps. For my choice of power adder i want to do a twin turbo kit from HP performance, 2 50 trims. It's rather expensive and im gonna work on my suspension first so i can practice drifting without rolling my car and then get the big power later with the turbos.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:57 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

OK drifting is not a sport. At least not in my book!

There is no such thing as drift racing. Because if it were a real race you wounldnt power slide around turns and **** cuz that slowes you down. Makin a Stang into a drifter, well thoues words shouldnt be in the same sentence.

Heres how a conversation would go. Me nice stang what does she run?
U: IDK shes a drift queen.
Me: ***.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Well thats your own opinion, no need to be salty. It's never refered to as "drift racing" just for the record, which is probably why you shouldnt be giving advice about it. Drifting is just as much a sport as drag racing. The Falken Mustang GT...has over 700 horsepower. So if your thinking these cars take these turns slow, your wrong. Lets see you slide your ride doing 90 mph, kthx.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 AM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

There is drifting over here, and actually, there is a new stang in it. From what I hear, it did very well. Kicked a lot of ***. Looks like a fun sport, but where the hell would you practice at?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Actually at Norwalk raceway here in ohio there was supposed to be a drifting exhibition not too long ago so maybe theres a spot up there. Other then that, actual tracks, and big empty parking lots, you have me beat.

The new stangs actually do very well in the drifting competitions. That 700 hp falken one I had mentioned earlier just so happened to beat all the other japanese drifters in its first big competition. I forget the name of the competition but its like the biggest competition of the year and it actually owned all the other japanese drifters and american drifters. they have a sick viper too. =P
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

dude, i think drift racing in a stang would be ****ing gold. who would think of a stang when it comes to drifting?? almost noone. then you come along w/ a badass drifter and kick some ***!

i think its a great idea. the only "drifting" i do is when it rains and snows. nothing like what you wanna do, but fun non the less lol.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

lol, i do a lot of unintentional drifting in the rain, but its a blast. the feeling of not having traction is cool, for some reason i really really like it so thats what really got me thinking about it, i dont know but i'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

Quick Reply: Drifting, wtf