4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Vortec V-2 SQ S supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
BBZracing
1st Gear Member

Default Vortec V-2 SQ S supercharger

Has anyone who has installed this had any issues with the stock internals?

Will the long-term life of the engine be effected due to the forced induction?

I plan on running low boost (8 lbs I think is what the Vortec I'm looking at) so I'm hoping I don't have to worry about too much stress on my engine.

Am I better off just getting ported and polished heads and a stage II cam instead to save myself some headaches going forward?

Anyone know the difference in hp with my existing set-up if I were to sc or stay na (by going with p/p heads and a cam)?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:28 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Vortec V-2 SQ S supercharger

all of your questions have been answered many times before. I would say 375-380rw. Kick it up to 10lbs and get closer to 400. you could get cams and p&p and squeeze more out, but then you are starting to approach the limits of the internals.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM
BBZracing
1st Gear Member

I had not heard of anyone having an issue by going sc with stock internals...so I searched this forum for a while looking to see if I could find anyone who has. Since I did not see anyone having issues I thought it would be best to ask. I figured before I spend my $3500 it is worth asking.

Sorry if I bothered you.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:06 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

my stock shortblock is taking 429rwhp
Old 10-09-2006, 06:10 PM
BBZracing
1st Gear Member

That's great to hear.

I am not looking to go over 400 HP... so knowing you are not having issues is refreshing.

Thank you for your help!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BBZracing

I had not heard of anyone having an issue by going sc with stock internals...so I searched this forum for a while looking to see if I could find anyone who has. Since I did not see anyone having issues I thought it would be best to ask. I figured before I spend my $3500 it is worth asking.

Sorry if I bothered you.

Thanks.
Its not a bother, there is just alot of great info if you read a bit, thats all. I think the most i heard of on here is racerstang who had 440rwhp, however he is also building a new engine, not sure if one has to do with the other. I would push 430 before i would worry too much, plus how often are your WOT (full boost) at 7K?

after most bolt ons, including cams and full exhaust and yadda, no pullies, I gained about 155rwhp on a crazy tune, but have it backed down to a little over 400 whcih is 130rw from the addition of the blower,and that is with the stock pulley. if you do put a s/c on, stay with a realistic amount of boost, get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, you will have a street monster that will last. good luck.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:17 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LvGordo

ORIGINAL: BBZracing

Sorry if I bothered you.

Thanks.
Its not a bother, there is just alot of great info if you read a bit, thats all. I think the most i heard of on here is racerstang who had 440rwhp, however he is also building a new engine, not sure if one has to do with the other. I would push 430 before i would worry too much, plus how often are your WOT (full boost) at 7K?

after most bolt ons, including cams and full exhaust and yadda, no pullies, I gained about 155rwhp on a crazy tune, but have it backed down to a little over 400 whcih is 130rw from the addition of the blower,and that is with the stock pulley. if you do put a s/c on, stay with a realistic amount of boost, get it tuned by someone who knows what they are doing, you will have a street monster that will last. good luck.

his engine was a ticking time bomb on that much boost. but good thing he is getting one built. there are lots of people on this forum, and havent heard of many people destroying there engines.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

your on borrowed time doughboy4.6, just like my new clutch!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:39 AM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

lol I dont think so
Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

BBZ? you in austin? i know the guy that owns that car

Quick Reply: Vortec V-2 SQ S supercharger