4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

the same dork with the v6 wants to challenge my 01 gt

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 02:17 PM
AvidMustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: the same dork with the v6 wants to challenge my 01 gt

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: uofipilot

ORIGINAL: fausty
..he think s i have nos or sumthing...

Why does everyone call it nos? NOS is a company that makes Nitrous Oxide Systems. So does Venom. So does Nitrous Express. Why dont people say "he thinks i have NX or something"? **** vin disel and the fast and furious. It is nitrous oxide....NOT NOS!

Matt

Sorry for the rant, but that is one thing that really bothers me, party because i hate the fast and furious so dam much.

EDIT: QiuckShot beat me to it, but still...
So what do you say when you want a pop/soda? Coke? What do you call a portable am/fm radio or anything musical that is portable (besides the iPod), a walkman? Coke and Walkman are also specific to a particular brand (Coke, duh, and Sony)...
People say coke because they want a COKE! If I wanted a sprite i would say sprite. I would say CD player....And I have a problem with people saying NOS too.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

man YOU WILL WIN....i traded in my brand new 05 v6 that was all nice with new 18in wheels, full exhaust, custom tune, CAI, auto for my 2001 gt. that should explain it all.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: AvidMustang

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Why does everyone call it nos? NOS is a company that makes Nitrous Oxide Systems. So does Venom. So does Nitrous Express. Why dont people say "he thinks i have NX or something"? **** vin disel and the fast and furious. It is nitrous oxide....NOT NOS!

Matt

Sorry for the rant, but that is one thing that really bothers me, party because i hate the fast and furious so dam much.

So what do you say when you want a pop/soda? Coke? What do you call a portable am/fm radio or anything musical that is portable (besides the iPod), a walkman? Coke and Walkman are also specific to a particular brand (Coke, duh, and Sony)...
People say coke because they want a COKE! If I wanted a sprite i would say sprite. I would say CD player....And I have a problem with people saying NOS too.
Sprite doesn't count That's like calling an iPod a walkman. So you never use 'generic' terms?

I have a problem with NOS vs Nitrous if they don't mean NOS like Mr Pibb is not Dr Pepper.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Matt

Thats no different. Your exactly right NOS is a company that makes N2O systems. So why cant someone say I think he has NOS? Would you rather them say "I think he has a NOS Brand Nitrous Oxide System"? Maybe....just maybe people actually do use NOS products.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Lol...would you like me to stop saying Q-tip too..lol cuz thats a brand[sm=roll.gif]
Old 10-11-2006, 03:02 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

Lol...would you like me to stop saying Q-tip too..lol cuz thats a brand[sm=roll.gif]
lol, no more kleenex either
Old 10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

lol i guess we are the only ones that find this funny
Old 10-11-2006, 03:45 PM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedAlertlb

lol i guess we are the only ones that find this funny
actually, i think its hilarious
Old 10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

I think its funny too. It just irks me (yeah...you liked that) that because vin diesel and paul walker yell on and on about "NOS" and the ******* buttons on the goddam sterring wheels say NOS 1 and NOS 2 everybody and their brother calls nitrous "NOS." Paul walker says "I need NOS" in the movie. Why doesnt he say I need nitrous?

And for the guy about the coke....if I want a coke, I say I want a coke. If I want a Mountain Dew or a Dr. Pepper or ANYTING other than a coke, I dont say "I want a coke."

Maybe I'm just nuts, but this bothers me more than most things (like the 50 new "What gears should i get" threads each day).

Matt
Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

I think its funny too. It just irks me (yeah...you liked that) that because vin diesel and paul walker yell on and on about "NOS" and the ******* buttons on the goddam sterring wheels say NOS 1 and NOS 2 everybody and their brother calls nitrous "NOS." Paul walker says "I need NOS" in the movie. Why doesnt he say I need nitrous?

And for the guy about the coke....if I want a coke, I say I want a coke. If I want a Mountain Dew or a Dr. Pepper or ANYTING other than a coke, I dont say "I want a coke."

Maybe I'm just nuts, but this bothers me more than most things (like the 50 new "What gears should i get" threads each day).

Matt
LMAO did they not your the actually nos brand in the movie? I didnt really pay attention to that...I mean i understang the buttons on the steering wheel are taking it pretty far but if they really did use the nos brand then why does it matter if he said it?

Quick Reply: the same dork with the v6 wants to challenge my 01 gt