4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

the same dork with the v6 wants to challenge my 01 gt

Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
suzukidragracer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: the same dork with the v6 wants to challenge my 01 gt

The proper way to write it if you aren't refering to a brand is nitrous or N2O!

I don't like when people say NOS either, plus I personnally like NX better than N.O.S.

Vince
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

People Xerox stuff all the time at work, even though they are using a different brand photocopier.

I'm from the Midwest and people refer to any cola product as Coke, whether it's RC, Pepsi, or whatever. Sometimes they will say we don't have Coke we have Pepsi but often times they know you just want cola, regardless of brand.

My friend from the South (Birmingham) says that when you go into a restaurant you ask what kind of Cokes they have. Not meaning what Coca Cola product but what kind of soft drinks. It's pop here in the Midwest and I believe it's soda on the East coast.

Other than trying to make people feel insignificant or stupid, ripping on them for saying NOS is pretty lame. Now, if they say nawz or want buttons on their steering wheel, then it is perfectly legitimate to rip them a new one. Calling it NOS may just be a regional thing and most of us know what they mean without having to make them feel ignorant (even if they are).
Old 10-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Daisy2000
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

Other than trying to make people feel insignificant or stupid, ripping on them for saying NOS is pretty lame. Now, if they say nawz or want buttons on their steering wheel, then it is perfectly legitimate to rip them a new one. Calling it NOS may just be a regional thing and most of us know what they mean without having to make them feel ignorant (even if they are).
Amen brother.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daisy2000

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

Amen brother.
+1 but i would like to add, NOS is a arcanom for nitrous oxide sytem, yes its a brand name but i think it describes a setup more than just saying i have Nitrous (which would indicate you have just a gas tank in your trunk you stole from the dentist) but the point is WHO CARES
Old 10-11-2006, 07:53 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Gees people who cares what people call things, and stop with the same thread and wasting mustang forums server space. Just race him and get it over with. If you're not that confident in your car, then you've got issues. Ok vent time is over, time for dinner.