4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Guy with SSS Exhaust Clip

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
2green4red
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Guy with SSS Exhaust Clip

I have the same on my mach, and from what I understand, they should sound like the borla stingers, they are patterned after them without the price. Mine also came from Stage 3 (though prior to my aquiring the car). On the Mach it is still stock mid and headers, and I too was surprised that just a catback would make such a difference in sound, after hearing a stock Mach.

Greatjedi, have any problems getting the SSS on without a leak or did you just weld it right from the get-go?
Old 10-15-2006, 03:46 AM
greatjedi

ORIGINAL: 2green4red

Greatjedi, have any problems getting the SSS on without a leak or did you just weld it right from the get-go?
It took me a week of getting back under the car and adjusting the pipes and clamps, but I think I've got it bolted up good now.

I had two big issues with the install. The first was where the passenger side pipe goes over the axle. It kept hitting the frame whenever I'd accelerate from 1st gear. The second was the last section of pipe on the driver's side. It seems too short. My tip isn't on as far as I'd like it to be on that side. So, yeah, the install was kind of a nightmare for me. But for 310 bucks, I'm not going to complain.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:55 AM
2green4red
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: greatjedi

ORIGINAL: 2green4red

It took me a week of getting back under the car and adjusting the pipes and clamps, but I think I've got it bolted up good now.

I had two big issues with the install. The first was where the passenger side pipe goes over the axle. It kept hitting the frame whenever I'd accelerate from 1st gear. The second was the last section of pipe on the driver's side. It seems too short. My tip isn't on as far as I'd like it to be on that side. So, yeah, the install was kind of a nightmare for me. But for 310 bucks, I'm not going to complain.

Thats pretty much what I have heard (the last part...for 310...it gets there eventually). Like I said, it was already on my Mach when I got it, so I was just curious how it worked out on a GT before ordering it. (should be exactly the same, but sometimes you never know )
Old 10-15-2006, 06:50 PM
greatjedi

Here's a Drive-by vid. It's not great but it'll give you an idea of how it sounds on the road.
SSS Exhaust Drive-by

Here's one of a crappy launch:
SSS Exhaust Accelerating

I'll have to go somewhere else and get some more aggressive videos. I filmed it on a road behind some old industrial buildings thinking there wouldn't be any traffic, but there were a few cars pulling in and out from the shops. The posted limit is 25, and I was afraid of getting turned in. Gotta keep the insurance rates low. [sm=grinangel.gif]